Kimber110

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Snake Charmer II (.410 3" chamber).

Located in Defuniak Springs

PM please

$200.00

Snake Charmer II made by Sporting Arms Mfg. in Littleton Texas, not the French/Turkish version. Good condition with bright clean bore. 18.25" barrel and matt stainless steel. sc2.jpg

Attachments

• sc2.jpg
      sc2.jpg
      75.3 KB · Views: 291
    Last edited:

Kimber110

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Snake Charmer II is .410 caliber. 2.5'/3" . I have shot everything from #12 dust shot to 000 buck in it. You couldn't pay me to shot it if it was a 12. High brass 3" .410 is impressive enough, and will make two snakes out of one in short order.

Last edited:

Kimber110

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    safetyfirst: You didn't miss it because I didn't think it necessary to include it: the Snake Charmer was a copyrighted brand name for a stainless .410 caliber short stocked shotgun manufactured at different periods by three or four different manufacturers including two from Texas, one from France, and at least one from Turkey.. Sorry if you were not aware! I edited the original post to identify the caliber.

Last edited:

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Somebody needs to get this soon or else I am going to have to make a trade with him to get it. Awesome little guns and would make someone a good scouting gun for checking the cameras. Let alone being a great snake no more gun. I have owned a couple of these in the past and someone always talks me out of it somehow.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I have what I think is the original Snake Charmer manufactured by H. Koon in Dallas, Texas. I love that little gun, and would never sell it. It always goes with me when I am up Escambia, Blackwater, or Yellow River. It does what it's name implies.
    Someone should jump on this little jewel while they can. It is a great little gun.

Kimber110

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fanner50: You are correct; The Koon was the first; If I Remeber, it had no safety on the side. Mine is the second model with the safety selector . I am bidding on an M6 .22 Hornet/.410 stainless, or this one would not be for sale. Neat little guns.

Last edited:

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ahhhhhhh the hornet, had a bull barrell with a 3X9 that was a NASTY tack driver, LOVE that round.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Kimber110, you are correct, mine does not have the safety on the side. I bought it new in September 1981. Someone really needs to buy your little Snake Charmer. It would be a lifetime purchase and a heck of a deal.

Kimber110

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    CCC; The Hornet was and is a great little round. Fairly quiet report, easy on powder consumption, great barrel life, and just plain dang fun to shoot. Have owned several, including a couple of wildcat variations, but let them all slip away. Kinda like this Snake Charmer; Beautiful little gun, but it just sits in the safe and doesn't get used. Needs to go to a good home where it will get some use and be enjoyed.

Kimber110

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found a box of 3" Super X 11/16 OZ #4 shot shells in the back of the safe that are include with the Snake Charmer. Great size for snakes and larger "Critters".

Kimber110

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mikenjapan: I get to Crestview frequently. I am retired from Federal service and my time is usually my own unless I am doing a consulting job or the "Boss" (Wife) has other plans for me. For most deals involving Crestview, I prefer to meet in a public place. (Usually the Winn Dixie parking lot on 85N). The price is FIRM @ $200.00 Thanks, Dave @

mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Winn Dixie is perfect as it is close to my home. I wouldn't try to talk you down. I think it is a fair deal. PM coming your way.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom