• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amd65

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In this day and time when shoddy products and even shoddier service is the norm and not the exception (at least that has been my experience over the last few years) it is refreshing to recount my following experience with Smith & Wesson:

I bought a Smith &Wesson Body Guard .380 from an individual and as it turned out the BG .380 had a problem. The integrated laser would not stay zeroed. Upon investigation I discovered that the retaining nut that is molded into the polymer frame was missing (apparently had come loose and fallen out) and thus my problem, no consistent zero of the laser.

I own eleven Smith &Wesson firearms and have never needed to contact Smith &Wesson with a problem until now. I called the 800 number for Smith &Wesson and was promptly speaking with a real person in tech support. I explained the issue to him and within five minutes he had provided me with a down-loadable FedEx shipping label and complete instructions as to how to ship the firearm back to Smith &Wesson. Smith & Wesson paid for all shipping expenses.

Smith &Wesson had the firearm for about a week to ten days, they replaced the frame including a new laser and shipped the firearm back to me once again at their expense.

I have had friends ask me why I am willing to pay the (perceived) higher price for a Smith &Wesson as opposed to a less well known manufacturer: This experience explains why.

The best warranty is one that you never need to use, the second best warranty is offered by a company that is 165 years old and that absolutely stands behind their fine products for the life of the product.

Thank you Smith &Wesson for simply doing what you say you will do, allot of other manufactures don’t.

collectorden

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a similar experience with a Body Guard .38 with a misaligned barrel. I shipped it back on their dime, and, the day they received it, they called me for an FFL because they were sending me a replacement. They shipped it the next day and refunded the FFL fee within a week.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Of course if they were really good - it would never have made it past quality control and left the factory in the first place...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Bodyguard is a POS. Kudos to them for standing behind it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danoobie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a few S&Ws. The worst of the lot is better than many have to offer. The average is hard to beat,
    and the best stand up to pretty much any other gun, of twice the cost.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Won't dwell into a 380 (is it your ole lady's gun?) but S&W are an awesome company....I had to send back a Walther I had 2xs because of owner stupidity and they fixed the issue free of charge....Glad you had a good outcome with em too!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have owned a few Smith's over the years. Most were the large framed revo's. There were also a couple snub guns. All of them performed adequately. I have also owned a couple of the shotguns. Those worked very well.
    Pistols - -> I went from Colt straight to Glock . . with no stops in between. I have never liked the looks of Smith pistols. I also always found them overpriced just like the Colt "snake guns". --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom