• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just received this pistol as a gift, don't know anything bout it except it looks to have never been fired, can anyone tell me anything bout it, value, dependable? its a nice looking handgun! Thanks for any reply!

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If it's a 5906, a year ago they were selling for around $300 to $350 for police trade-ins. Depending on condition, I now see them going for $450 to $500 plus. Had one 10 years ago and will say it was a well made, dependable shooter. Another one I should have kept. :crazy:

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They were part of S&Ws semi auto offering before the M&Ps. People liked them for the tank like build. My brother in law has one. Shoots everything it's fed. The trigger on his gun was not that great and as a result we shot if poorly in terms of accuracy. Clean it and shoot it.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes its a 5906, found my glasses lol, yea its built like a tank, run out of bullets an it would make a great club!!!Probably keep it???Who Knows? Its never had a round through it in the box!!!, thanks for the input, Denny

smithnsig

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It it's Brand new in the box it could fetch a pretty good price. Good shooters. If yours has never been shot it is probably pretty dry. Oil up the internals, and grease the rails and barrel if you are going to shoot it. They have better reset than the Sig SRT.

smithnsig

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In single action, the amount of
    Movement the trigger has to be released to reset the sear. It is often accompanied by
    An audible click.

Confirm pistol and magazine are unloaded.

Insert a magazine. (3rd gens have magazine disconnect safeties) pull trigger, and hold rearward. Recock hammer and slowly release trigger until it clicks. That is your reset point.

Not all semiautos will reset with just recocking the hammer. You usually have to manipulate the slide, but s&w 3rd gens will reset from the hammer.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info, I am learning a lot on here!!!!! Found alittle 9mm ammo, so now maybe will shoot it?Thanks again!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom