HD Tactical

Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals: all it takes for dogs to pose a sufficient threat to police to justify them opening fire is for a dog to move/bark

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    As a cop with almost 25 years on the street I've never understood the overwhelming need to shoot a dog.

I've been attacked, quasi-attacked, nipped, and bit, and have yet to kill a dog... thank God because I am a true dog lover.

I even had to beat a dog off me one time with a PVS-14 that I had in my hand... it will take a lot for me to shoot a dog. I would like to think that if/when that time ever comes I will know it HAS to be done to protect myself or another person.

Don't get me wrong... I have seen first hand where a dog darn near killed a person, and I know it does happen. But I think A LOT of dogs are shot when it isn't really necessary.

Ditchdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I worked EMS in Texas for about ten years. Had an uncountable number of dogs “act aggressive” toward me. Only got bit a couple times. Usually those darn chihuahuas.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I worked EMS in Texas for about ten years. Had an uncountable number of dogs “act aggressive” toward me. Only got bit a couple times. Usually those darn chihuahuas.
    I have had a couple Chihuahuas get me too. Never once did I think about shooting one. Not once

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a cop with almost 25 years on the street I've never understood the overwhelming need to shoot a dog.

I've been attacked, quasi-attacked, nipped, and bit, and have yet to kill a dog... thank God because I am a true dog lover.

I even had to beat a dog off me one time with a PVS-14 that I had in my hand... it will take a lot for me to shoot a dog. I would like to think that if/when that time ever comes I will know it HAS to be done to protect myself or another person.

Don't get me wrong... I have seen first hand where a dog darn near killed a person, and I know it does happen. But I think A LOT of dogs are shot when it isn't really necessary.
    That’s because you are a good man . If all cops were of your caliber, then most of these problems would resolve themselves.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Have no problem shooting a dog or any other animal that poses a threat

I feel the same way about two-legged animals who pose a threat. Especially lazy shit-sacks who don’t understand dog behavior and proceed to shoot one out of ignorance and self-imposed circumstances.

The hand of God Himself would be needed to stop me AND my wife from dealing Unholy Justice on anyone who hurt our dogs.

I’ll put my hand on a Bible in Court and repeat that.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Training is what the public wants to hear, but it doesn't always "take." If not conducted, repeated, and periodically validated until the training becomes culture, it is just another square-filler to placate the clueless public. Not defending anyone's actions....

Top Bottom