• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He finally went down. 2nd round knockout. He was being cocky as usual but he got owned. About time. Very good fighter but some one needed to beat him. I didn't get to see it but oh well. I'm at the camp catching up on things I need to do before hunting season. I'm way behind!

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I must be one of the only ones that actually like Silva. Anybody seen the documentary 'Like Water'?

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just saw the KO and it was pretty deserved though. Wonder if it will effect his cockiness in the ring?

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I must be one of the only ones that actually like Silva. Anybody seen the documentary 'Like Water'?

He has skills but I just didn't like his cockiness. I never have liked when they dance around and drop their arms while they stick their heads out. He did it a a lot and got away with it a lot but not this time. Very glad someone got him while he was doing that. Maybe he will respect the rest of the fighters he faces a little more. Several of his antics right after the end of fights were disrespectful. No need for that.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent skills, but I loved seeing him take it on the chin while showboating. Glad it was an American that did it. I also like that he is apparently a "practicing Christian". Hopefully he walks the walk.

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can find Silva's post fight comments. I'd love to hear his explanation for his antics.

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i think he wanted to be knocked out. i've watched silva for years...and that wasn't his "normal" cockiness. also he clearly said at the end he was tired of holding the belt and doesn't want it anymore. i'd be willing to bet if there wasn't something happening behind the scenes at the very least he went in there wanting to lose.

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No that was his normal showboating. I dont think he wanted to lose, no fighter does, but I dont think he is that upset with the loss either. He seemed rather content with the loss and relieved that he isnt under the pressure anymore and gets to spend time with family. What confused me is Dana White.... In the past DW has threatened to fire Silva for showboating (Damian Mia fight) and said how disgraceful it was. UFC 162, he was doing the same shit, however post fight interview, DW was talking about how good of a fight it was. I dunno. Weidman is a beast and he owned Silva from the get go. MERICA!!!!

Top Bottom