• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I already have a M&P 22 and love it. I have the opportunity to pick up a Sig Mosquito 22 for around $225 and was wondering what you all think. The finish is good and functionally is there. Do not know the round count through it though. I have just read that they can be finicky with ammo from some reviews, then I can read reviews saying they put 1K rounds plus thru their Sig with no problems. Just would like your opinions on this little plinker.Thanks

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was researching .22 pistols, I read till I was blue in the face. The Sig seems to have more negative reviews or reviews saying that it liked hot rounds more than the other guns. There are those that say that they have never had an issue with regular .22 rounds. But there were more that said that they did have issues. So I went with a ruger sr22.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought one and put about 400 through it. With cci or winchester m22 no problem. Auto match or Eley Sport it may as well been a single shot. Sold it and bought a pair of MP22's.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think $225 for a Mosquito is a steal..but with that said I feel u already have the better firearm with the M&P..I also read too many negative reviews on the Sig for me to pay full price for it..and I think several members here have had issues with theirs (I'm also sure that some members here love theirs)..but I guess it depends what u wanted to do with it..resale vs keep..I have the sr22 and have nothing negative to say about it and I plan on picking up a M&P 22 shortly..if it was me I'd buy the Sig to make a quick $100 if its truly in good shape.

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah it's clean. Sounded like a good price probably. My long time 4x4 rock crawling buddy picked it up in a partial trade and wants to sell it. If it shoots good I'm not opposed to keeping it as another plinker. The mp22 is a fantastic gun!

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    brand new they tend to only like mini mags, but after 1000-1500 rounds it will like most 40gr ammo. hollow points also tend to be more of any issue throughout its life cycle. be sure to keep it well cleaned also.

Tyler2142

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love mine. Yes, if you run cheap stuff through it, it will become a single shot. But running CCI through it, its a fantastic gun. For $225, Id jump on it.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I shoot mine suppressed, so that will alter the dynamics somewhat. I don't remember how it functions w/o the suppressor. They come with 2 recoil springs. I use the light spring. Even with the light spring and suppressed, CMP White Box Aquila, Aquila std vel, and Remington subsonic won't properly function. Remington white box is some surplus std vel that CMP once sold. I have 600 rounds through mine so far. The main user of it is my son and his wife who come over and shoot it in the yard when they bring their kids for a visit. Here's the notes I have on mine:

600 RDS FIRED
    SIGHTED IN W/REM WHITE BOX AND SPARROW SUPPRESSOR AND LIGHT SPRING
    TOO LIGHT W/LIGHT SPRING: CMP WHITE BOX AQUILA, AQUILA STD VEL, REMINGTON SUBSONIC
    OK W/LIGHT SPRING & SUPPRESSOR MOUNTED: MINIMAG, BLAZER, CENTURIAN HIGH VEL, REMINGTON WHITE BOX, REMINGTON GOLDEN HV BULK, FED HV BULK, STINGERS

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a used one a few months ago. The previous owner probably put less than 500 rounds through it...all mini mags. I bought it, cleaned and oiled it really well. I have put one mag of CCI's through it followed by about 100 rounds of bulk Remington and never had any issues. I've read all the reviews and was hesitant to buy it, but it was a good deal. So far so good. I like the gun. Just wish I could find some extra mags.

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love my Mosquito, and after turning a 20oz coffee cup to swiss cheese at 25-30 yds with poor eyesight, so did my dad.
    Sold it to him for $200 and put the cash towards another 'Squito ($334 out the door with paddle holster, extra mag AND threaded barrel)

Since then, dad gave his to mom and he also picked up one with a TB.

Ive run CCI mini mags, Stinger, AR Tactical and Federal Super X through it without a hiccup.
    Remington subsonic and federal round nose are a waste in this pistol, unless you like semis that run like singles.

STILL waiting on my stamp, so Im waiting to see how Eley Subs run.

I'd like to try a M&P .22 in comparison.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I love my Mosquito, and after turning a 20oz coffee cup to swiss cheese at 25-30 yds with poor eyesight, so did my dad.
    Sold it to him for $200 and put the cash towards another 'Squito ($334 out the door with paddle holster, extra mag AND threaded barrel)

Since then, dad gave his to mom and he also picked up one with a TB.

Ive run CCI mini mags, Stinger, AR Tactical and Federal Super X through it without a hiccup.
    Remington subsonic and federal round nose are a waste in this pistol, unless you like semis that run like singles.

STILL waiting on my stamp, so Im waiting to see how Eley Subs run.

I'd like to try a M&P .22 in comparison.

If you want, bring it to my place. I've got a couple of .22 suppressors (Sparrow and a "form 1" suppressor) you can try on your Sig with your ammo.

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the offer, Daezee.

I work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week at two different hospitals, so Sats and Suns are the only free days that I have...unless Im on call...then Im screwed.

We'll have to work out a day and time- at your convenience, of course.

Thanks again. I appreciate the offer.

Top Bottom