• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, for everyday CCW, I have my go-to 19. There are times, though, that a slimmer and lighter frame would be nice to have. I currently have a backup for those occasions in the P11. Granted, it isn't THAT much slimmer, but on a small guy like me, there's a notable difference in ability to conceal. The things I love about the P11 are the 10+1, DOA trigger (pseudo safety in my opinion), sights, and its size compared to the 19. What I hate, as does pretty much everyone, is the actual trigger pull as it's looooong and heavy, not great for accuracy and follow up shots in stressful situations. With that in mind, the shield has caught my attention as it's relatively the same size and I've heard good things about it. Granted, I would give up 3-4 rounds and have a striker fired gun (but it has an actual safety), but it appears to be slightly slimmer and has, from what I've read, a MUCH better trigger. So, would anyone like to offer some comparisons of the two? I know there are mods for the P11 to the trigger, but with no safety, I'd rather not mess with it. I'm wondering if it's worth it for the added expense and to give up a few rounds and retire the P11. Thoughts and opinions?

Better yet, anyone have a shield they'd like to meet me at the range with?? :)

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have a Shield in 9mm. Great gun. Never handled a p-11 so I cannot compare it. Be glad to meet you at the range just let me know. Also have a Kahr 9mm if you want to look at that one as well.

John

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have a Shield in 9mm. Great gun. Never handled a p-11 so I cannot compare it. Be glad to meet you at the range just let me know. Also have a Kahr 9mm if you want to look at that one as well.

John

PM'd! :) Thanks for the offer.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also have a Shield in 9mm that I and my wife both love. I plan on going to the range Friday some time with the wife, so I'd be glad to let you try it out as well. Damn....I sure hope the range on Quintet Rd is open Friday!

Andy

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OMG the shield is ten times the gun the p11 is. Trigger is light years better, overall quality is better, safety is a non issue (i leave mine off), ergonomics are better, internals like the guide rod are steel rather than plastic, on and on and on. The only thing the p11 has over the shield is physical weight.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Both me and my wife carry the Shield 9 and I can't say enough good things about them. Thin, light, accurate. What's not to love?

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OMG the shield is ten times the gun the p11 is. Trigger is light years better, overall quality is better, safety is a non issue (i leave mine off), ergonomics are better, internals like the guide rod are steel rather than plastic, on and on and on. The only thing the p11 has over the shield is physical weight.

Due to extra two bullets, right??:D Thanks for all of the input folks. I've always been an advocate of carrying as many rounds as possible, but starting to think shot placement, with a better built and better fitting gun, is SOO much better than having a couple of extra shots. The safety is actually a plus considering there are many times I carry and the kiddos want to jump up on me, tug on me, ect and I've heard of plenty of stories where a kids hands or fingers reaches a trigger somehow.

I might try to make it out to the Santa Rosa shooting center on Friday if they are open as well. I'm going to call first thing in the morning to see and, if so, would love to meet up with those that offered.

Thanks again folks and Merry Christmas!!!!

Top Bottom