Patriot Mobile

Sheriff Grady on Florida's new carry law.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army_of_One

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am not doubting you, just trying to have 100% viable Information as a source for me and others who see this to reference. I appreciate the information. With a quick look this is what I found.

"School properties, and areas, those remain on the 'don't carry' list so to speak,"

Under Florida's new constitutional carry bill, it's still illegal to willingly and knowingly bring a gun onto a school campus.
    Without a license to carry it's a felony. With a license, it's a misdemeanor.

It's also a felony to use a gun in a "rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner" within 1000 feet of a school campus -- license or no license.
    However, that's just state law.

According to the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 , it's a felony for anyone without a license to have a loaded gun within a thousand feet of a school.

Violating that law carries up to a $5000 fine and 5 years of prison time.

Lockett said federal agents don't often enforce federal law when there are state laws to the contrary.
    Nice to know the feds think of us in the same way as pedos. How does this work with people who live around schools? Are they not allowed to have a home defense weapon?

Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lawful permanent residents (LPRs) are foreign nationals who have been granted the right to reside permanently in the United States. LPRs are often referred to simply as "immigrants," but they are also known as "permanent resident aliens" and "green card holders."
    Can a permanent resident alien purchase a long gun and pistol in Florida? Can the conceal carry?

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Can a permanent resident alien purchase a long gun and pistol in Florida? Can the conceal carry?
    Not my wheelhouse - Im just a dude on the internet.

I assume one of our FFLs, former FFLs, or LE folks could likely get you a response on that.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the free state of Alabama.... I have personal property that borders a school ground( My dad donated land to the school system back in the 1950s for the new baseball field) We shoot doves every year with our back against the baseball field fence, A lot of times during baseball games or practice. But then again I do live in the free state of Alabama. If you do Not like your state laws then Elect people who will change them.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom