HD Tactical

Sheriff Grady on Florida's new carry law.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    It's great that we have a little bit of freedom now, but I've seen an influx of posts in other places where people are buying guns now they can carry. What was stopping them from a permit? Double edge sword, but criminals are going to carry regardless. Stay safe.....shoot straight as my buddy Neal says.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    What is a permanent resident alien ?
    Lawful permanent residents (LPRs) are foreign nationals who have been granted the right to reside permanently in the United States. LPRs are often referred to simply as "immigrants," but they are also known as "permanent resident aliens" and "green card holders."

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think theres going to be a lot of people that will get real familiar with the laws after committing an offense. Just like many drivers not familiar with the rules of the road.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    3 day wait on purchases, can carry in other states to name a couple.
    Plus you can carry near the federally prohibited places (not in- I believe it is 1000 ft from school properties and some others). License holders can pass through those areas, Such as driving down the highway that has a school on it.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Plus you can carry near the federally prohibited places (not in- I believe it is 1000 ft from school properties and some others). License holders can pass through those areas, Such as driving down the highway that has a school on it.
    What a legal knot that can be ....getting arrested depending on where you pull over for a tail light out but having a firearm within 1000 feet of a prohibited place . The license way seems to be the way to go IF at 70 years old i decide to carry and i am leaning to the no side a bit because of my age and not carried before experience ......plus i am a cranky old guy

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you saying that you can not be with in 1000ft from a school/prohibited location under permit less carry?

If so whats your source on that as it is the first time I have heard this claimed.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Are you saying that you can not be with in 1000ft from a school/prohibited location under permit less carry?

If so whats your source on that as it is the first time I have heard this claimed.
    you are committing a Federal crime punishable up to 5 years in prison if you carry a firearm within 1,000 feet of a gun free school zone.

Look up the federal law. I’m not your attorney.

If you were to wreck your car within 1,000 feet of a school and police find a firearm in your possession (and you do not have a cwl) then you are looking at federal charges.

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you are committing a Federal crime punishable up to 5 years in prison if you carry a firearm within 1,000 feet of a gun free school zone.

Look up the federal law. I’m not your attorney.

If you were to wreck your car within 1,000 feet of a school and police find a firearm in your possession (and you do not have a cwl) then you are looking at federal charges.
    I am not doubting you, just trying to have 100% viable Information as a source for me and others who see this to reference. I appreciate the information. With a quick look this is what I found.

"School properties, and areas, those remain on the 'don't carry' list so to speak,"

Under Florida's new constitutional carry bill, it's still illegal to willingly and knowingly bring a gun onto a school campus.
    Without a license to carry it's a felony. With a license, it's a misdemeanor.

It's also a felony to use a gun in a "rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner" within 1000 feet of a school campus -- license or no license.
    However, that's just state law.

According to the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 , it's a felony for anyone without a license to have a loaded gun within a thousand feet of a school.

Violating that law carries up to a $5000 fine and 5 years of prison time.

Lockett said federal agents don't often enforce federal law when there are state laws to the contrary.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keep in mind also, the CWL exception for passing through a school zone applies "Only to the state the CWL was issued in". In other words, your Florida issued CWL allows you to pass through a school zone in Florida but it does not provide this exception for any other state.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    The school zone is going to be used at the officers discretion.
    If you have an accident, and it's found, or if there is a check point setup for whatever reason and it's found, you're probably going to be ok.
    If you're stalking your ex wife while she waits on the kids, or parked at school staring at kids because you're a pedophile, a firearm will be just one more charge tacked on, imo. Highly unlikely you get pulled over for a taillight passing by a school and catch a felony for legally carrying a weapon. Not a lawyer.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    The school zone is going to be used at the officers discretion.
    If you have an accident, and it's found, or if there is a check point setup for whatever reason and it's found, you're probably going to be ok.
    If you're stalking your ex wife while she waits on the kids, or parked at school staring at kids because you're a pedophile, a firearm will be just one more charge tacked on, imo. Highly unlikely you get pulled over for a taillight passing by a school and catch a felony for legally carrying a weapon. Not a lawyer.
    Florida police are well known for giving cops tickets for speeding in marked cars ...IF I choose to carry the license seems the best way ,discretion and unlikely scare me . lol

Top Bottom