Patriot Mobile

Seriously, Would You Sell this Guy a Fire Arm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    For the Record Private Sales in Illinois are legal under the following conditions:

How Can Illinois’ Private Citizens Legally Sell a Firearm?​

If you plan on selling guns as a private citizen, you must first make sure that the buyer meets certain requirements.

All buyers in the state must be at least 18 years of age in order to purchase rifles, shotguns, or ammunition for these types of firearms. For handguns and handgun ammunition, all potential buyers must be at least 21 years of age or older.

It is a requirement for a buyer to have a valid FOIC card. Before you are allowed to transfer the firearm to the buyer, you must first contact the Department of State Police with the FOIC card number to check if the sale or transfer is legal.

If the Department of State Police approves the sale, they will issue you with an approval number. This number will be valid for a period of thirty days after it is issued.

There are limitations other than age on who you can sell a firearm. Individuals restricted from owning a firearm include:

• Persons with mental impairment
    • Those who have ever been a patient at a mental institution
    • Individuals who are deemed to be intellectually or developmentally disabled
    • Those who have used or been addicted to illicit substances within a year of applying
    • People who are the subject of an existing Order of Protection
    • Persons who have ever been convicted of domestic battery
    • Parties who are unlawfully present in the United States
    • Individuals that have failed a drug test within a year prior to the application for a medication they were not prescribed
    • People in the United States of America on a non-immigrant class visa
    • Anyone who has renounced their United States citizenship
    • Former military who were dishonorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Services
    • Any fugitive from justice
    Yep, with all the screeching about 2a most forget that it's a everyone law. No mention of felons, etc... EVERYONE GETS A GUN IF THEY CHOSE TO HAVE ONE.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    For the record, I wouldn't sell this dude a gun either. But knowing it was Illinois, where private sales are illegal, I did not think we were talking about that.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    It looks like other than the FOIC the process and requirements for a private sale in Illinois is no different than in Florida or any other free state.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Yep, with all the screeching about 2a most forget that it's a everyone law. No mention of felons, etc... EVERYONE GETS A GUN IF THEY CHOSE TO HAVE ONE.
    Is it possible to be "any fugitive from justice" and not be a felon? Perhaps a person of interest which by definition is a possible or probable future felon. A definition without a distinction. IMO

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it possible to be "any fugitive from justice" and not be a felon? Perhaps a person of interest which by definition is a possible or probable future felon. A definition without a distinction. IMO

term "fugitive from justice" means any person who has fled from any state to avoid prosecution for a crime or to avoid giving testimony in any criminal proceeding.

So, yes, you don't have to even by charged with a crime to be a FFJ.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Just wondering what point you're trying to make.

Sorry, I took longer to get to your final point. When its possible that someone is infringing on my, our God Given Right to self protection, I err on the side of caution. Indirectly, each time an occasion regarding fire arms hits the drive by media my, our 2A rights are put in jeopardy. As I said earlier if something or someone is not passing the sniff test its game over. With crimo III, with ramos, with haynes, with cruz, there were warning signs ignored. I do profile. I practice situational awareness ad nuaseam. I think its foolish not to. Its that little quiet voice in your head that everyone has but is ignored by some at their own peril. I think most people know right from wrong.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

Highland Park July 4 shooting suspect had two prior incidents of suicidal, violent threats, police say​

Surprise, Surprise. So this information is now made available. This tragedy could have been averted if only someone had performed the job they were being paid to do. What a shock. This information can be traced to a responsible individual. Will it be? If not, why not? This is not new. This is what happens when crazys are locked down and masked up under the guise of a pandemic. This scenario is all too familiar.

Speaking to reporters at an afternoon press conference, Christopher Covelli said Crimo had two prior incidents before the shooting.

In April 2019, an individual called police a week after learning of Crimo attempting suicide, Covelli said. The matter was handled by mental health professionals with no law enforcement, he added.

HIGHLAND PARK JULY 4TH SHOOTING SUSPECT’S PARENTS WERE ‘A PROBLEM,’ SAYS FORMER COACH

In September 2019, a family member reported Crimo had a collection of knives and "was going to kill everyone," Covelli said. Police responded to the incident and seized 16 knives, a dagger, and a sword from Crimo’s possession, Covelli said. Highland Park police notified Illinois State Police of the incident but no further actions were taken.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't tell me not to judge a book by its cover. If I don't like the way a book looks I'm not going to have anything to do with it. Maybe I'll miss out on reading some good books, but I'm guessing I will be all right

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Highland Park July 4 shooting suspect had two prior incidents of suicidal, violent threats, police say​

Surprise, Surprise. So this information is now made available. This tragedy could have been averted if only someone had performed the job they were being paid to do. What a shock. This information can be traced to a responsible individual. Will it be? If not, why not? This is not new. This is what happens when crazys are locked down and masked up under the guise of a pandemic. This scenario is all too familiar.

Speaking to reporters at an afternoon press conference, Christopher Covelli said Crimo had two prior incidents before the shooting.

In April 2019, an individual called police a week after learning of Crimo attempting suicide, Covelli said. The matter was handled by mental health professionals with no law enforcement, he added.

HIGHLAND PARK JULY 4TH SHOOTING SUSPECT’S PARENTS WERE ‘A PROBLEM,’ SAYS FORMER COACH

In September 2019, a family member reported Crimo had a collection of knives and "was going to kill everyone," Covelli said. Police responded to the incident and seized 16 knives, a dagger, and a sword from Crimo’s possession, Covelli said. Highland Park police notified Illinois State Police of the incident but no further actions were taken.
    It's almost like he should have been red flagged

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just questioning your title... assuming he could pass a background check, are you saying someone should limit his constitutional right to own a firearm based on... looks? Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and whoever sold him a firearm, Obviously wouldn't, knowing what we know now... but. Just wondering what point you're trying to make.

Refusing sale is not illegal. You don’t have to sell anyone anything. It has nothing to do with infringement of constitutional rights.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Just questioning your title... assuming he could pass a background check, are you saying someone should limit his constitutional right to own a firearm based on... looks? Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and whoever sold him a firearm, Obviously wouldn't, knowing what we know now... but. Just wondering what point you're trying to make.

God given rights from the beginning of time, reaffirmed by the Constitution

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

Father of Highland Park shooting suspect sponsored son's firearm ownership card despite past violent threats​

Police seized knives from Robert Crimo's home months before his father sponsored his application for a FOID card.​

The father of the 21-year-old man charged with killing seven people when he allegedly unleashed a hail of bullets on an Independence Day parade in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park sponsored his son’s firearm owners identification card two and half years ago despite two instances of police being called to their home over threatening behavior.

Robert E. Crimo III, who was charged with seven counts of murder Tuesday, applied for a FOID card in December 2019 at age 19, Illinois State Police revealed in a press release.

"The subject was under 21 and the application was sponsored by the subject’s father," Illinois State Police said. "Therefore, at the time of FOID application review in January of 2020, there was insufficient basis to establish a clear and present danger and deny the FOID application."

However, the suspected shooter’s dad, Bob Crimo II, 58, knew police had been called to their home twice earlier that same year because his son had threatened to kill himself and the rest of his family.

Is this a pattern of behavior? Sounds like daja vu all over again,.ala Sandy Hook Elementary, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Robb Elementary. Parents enabeling childs bad behavior in lieu of leadership at the expense of law abiding 2A supporters. Despicable.

1657127985421.png
    1657128045675.png

Is he going claim to be trans as a defense?

1657128190322.png

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^ That info has been slowly leaking out since, I think, last night. Really makes you wonder WTH is going thru those parents' minds and in similar situations we've seen. It does seem like a "trend"--and a damn odd one in my book.

Conspiracy theorists--you're up!!

And I think he's gonna claim "questioning".

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Wow. Well at least this time they're calling out the parents. The buffalo ones parents, they swept that under the rug fast.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

Highland Park mayor says the U.S. should reexamine its gun laws, values​

Highland Park Mayor Nancy Rotering, Attorney, and Mayor, City of Highland Park 2011-2023 says the man who police suspect of opening fire on the town's Fourth of July parade, killing at least seven and leaving more than two dozen injured, was someone she knew — she says she was a Cub Scout leader to him as a child. The mayor said now the U.S. needs to re-examine gun laws in its aftermath. The weapon used was legally obtained” and the U.S. needs tougher gun laws. It was on this mayors watch that crimo III was able to fly under the radar with two domestic violence incidents not documented. In 2019 and 2020 he threatened suicide and to kill his entire family allowing him to purchase 2 AR15 and 3 handgun legally. Is this an attempt at back side cover up by a typical dem lawyer? Now the US needs tougher gun laws according to the mayor. Meanwhile I guess the gun laws were tough enough prior to July 4. The mayor's community, Highland Park is a suburb of Chicago with some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

1657149948042.png

Top Bottom