• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There's a pretty healthy secondary market for Blanton's and other Buffalo Trace allocated runs. I got my last bottle for $80, but that was after being on a waiting list for 18 months to get it. I got another bottle a month before for father's day from my oldest, he paid upwards of $120 for it. Online, you can find prices ranging anywhere from $70-300 depending on the label. Cask strength can bring more

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    People paying these crazy prices are nuts.
    Blanton’s is a $65 bourbon.
    My favorite is Eagle Rare. It’s a $35 bourbon.
    I have no problem drinking Knob Creek or Bulleit if I can’t find the others.
    I’ve heard that even Jack Daniel’s or Makers won’t kill you.
    I missed the mother lode the other day at Walmart. They had Pappy, Stagg and several others. Oh well, I’ll live.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    People paying these crazy prices are nuts.
    Blanton’s is a $65 bourbon.
    My favorite is Eagle Rare. It’s a $35 bourbon.
    I have no problem drinking Knob Creek or Bulleit if I can’t find the others.
    I’ve heard that even Jack Daniel’s or Makers won’t kill you.
    I missed the mother lode the other day at Walmart. They had Pappy, Stagg and several others. Oh well, I’ll live.
    Eagle rare is my go to Bourbon, usually at around $45/bottle. Downside is it's allocated just like Blanton's is, making it hard to find. Hell, even regular buffalo trace is good and only $25-30 but hard to find. I agree that Blanton's isn't worth the secondary market prices, but it does make one hell of a good old fashioned.
    About ten years ago, Japan got on this big bourbon kick, and since then the allocated bourbons have gotten rarer, and by default more and more expensive.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of the barrel proof bourbons will put you in a complete different dimension. If Fireball is your drink I would recommend staying away from the 130 proof.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I like the barrel proof bourbons, the flavor profiles are usually so much better than the lower proof bourbons, and they're great over a big ice cube, as the ice melts the flavors change and it doesn't get so watered down like the 80-90 proof ones. That being said, a 90-101 proof is just an easy sipper either neat or over ice, especially if you're not just enjoying a single glass at night and are sipping with some friends.

Back to the OP's questions, you might find some local buyers if you post what you have and how much you want per bottle. I know a couple people who might be interested in purchasing if the prices aren't too high or if you have any of the special editions or the barrel proof bottles that are so damned hard to get. Me personally, I like keeping a bottle of Blanton's on the shelf for when I want to introduce someone to different bourbons, just because it's so hyped up (And I can't afford Pappy). I also very much like the Weller's lineup but those are unobtainium aside from the occasional bottle of Weller Special Reserve at ABC. I'd love to get a bottle of Weller Antique 107 which used to be my go-to a few years back before it vanished from shelves. It was about $40/bottle in 2017.

Top Bottom