• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abailey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I picked up a Remington 700 sps last week and need help deciding on a scope. Too many choices. Rifle will primarily be for mid-range hunting 300-500yrds, but will play around with it at longer ranges on paper. Main focus is light gathering ability. Trying to keep it out the door at under $1500.

I looked through a Zeiss Hd5 5-25x50 with the rapid z1000, it was too busy inside.
    Today a went over to bass pro and looked through the vortex 6-24x50, up against a Steiner Gs3 4-20x50, and another Zeiss hd5. Of those, the Steiner had the best clarity, with the vortex being the worst. My other option is a trijicon accupoint.5-20x50 , but none locally to check out. I have a 3-9 accupoint on my 6.8 and I really like the center dot being illuminated for quick/low light shots, but unsure on the glass quality on their 5-20x50 scope as far as light gathering.

So as of now my list goes:
    Trijicon Accupoint 5-20x50
    Steiner GS3 4-20x50
    Zeiss HD5 5-25x50

Any that I'm missing? Any other recommendations?

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a weaver tactical 5-20x50 on my 700. It has a simple mil dot reticle in first focal plane. And the adjustments are in 1/10 mil clicks. 30mm main tube Has great clarity and seems pretty tough. They can be had new for about $850 with that scope, factory barrel, and off the shelf hornady ammo I'm sub moa at 300 yards which is the farthest I have had a chance to shoot it.

Last edited:

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hunting and long range target shooting stretch the capability of any single scope. I don't hunt anymore, but I shoot 600 yd F class with a Sightron SIII 10/50x60. Its a great scope and at the moment can be had for $1050 with free shipping and no tax; i.e. "out the door". It has a huge zoom range so it works great for precision aiming at long ranges but can be dialed back to 10 power, if necessary, for hunting. Mine is very clear, gathers a lot of light because of the large objective lens, and has proven to be a very good scope. Many of my fellow competitors use the same scope and consider it to be one of the best when it comes to "bang-for-the-buck".

abailey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a weaver tactical 5-20x50 on my 700. It has a simple mil dot reticle in first focal plane. And the adjustments are in 1/10 mil clicks. 30mm main tube Has great clarity and seems pretty tough. They can be had new for about $850 with that scope, factory barrel, and off the shelf hornady ammo I'm sub moa at 300 yards which is the farthest I have had a chance to shoot it.

I actually have a Weaver tactical on my rock rivers 308. It's been a great scope.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im here to help you stop wasting your time. Hands down a Leupold VX6 4-24x52 for distance and light collection and can be had for $1200ish plus tax! I had or used most of those u listed in the add. Sh!t I even used the NightForce and sold it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      204.1 KB · Views: 347

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Killer combo- VTR308 and Leupold VX6

Sawman. It was the right gun. I have proof!! Both my sons killed there first deer with it on youth weekend. I have not made a post yet but buddy is a "KILLER Combo"

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      306.7 KB · Views: 335
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      418.6 KB · Views: 354

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Good goin' Stan. Them boys are growing up to be fine hunters. Saying no to drugs . . . and "hell yeah" to killin' and grillin' is the way it should be.
    Bet they love that CMR-30 also. Happy Thanksgiving. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom