• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a cut-and-paste job from a different message board so some of it will read differently in terms of locality and availability and what not.

So, since I could not find anyone with any first hand experience locally with the SCCY CPX-1, I went out and bought one. I bought a used first gen, as what I have been reading on the internet has been pretty promising. The warranty that follows the gun, combined with the fact that they are no longer servicing the first gens simply sending out new second gens is okay by me. Most people seem pretty happy with theirs. I figured Id give it a SHOT(ha-ha, poor attempt at making you chuckle a bit).

I paid close to retail for this example, but its the only one I found around my local area. And I wasnt going to wait until August for the next gun show in Pensacola. I dont have a 9mm, mostly .380s and the only 9mm that I have any real experience with was that stupid Beretta 92D. That gun is ridiculous. Not the point.

I have yet to shoot this particular example. Im hoping it will be a BLAST(ha-ha again, perhaps I should cut out the lame attempts at humour...). I am unsure if I will carry it under current conditions, as getting three boxes of 9mm at the local Wally World was almost pure luck last week. Seeing PDX-1 or similar self defense ammo is almost unheard of locally. I normally carry my Air Weight 442 .38 spl +P or my Walther PPK/s .380.

Anyways, you came for pics and as of late there havent been that many in this thread. So without further ado...GUN PR0N!

This side:

That side:

In my small hand:

And an idea of how wide it is in my small hand:

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive got one. It is almost to small for my hands. My trigger doesn't reset after I fire a shot atleast twice every 10 shots, not sure if it is the way im holding it or limp wristing it some. Im going to take it apart and clean it and see if that helps.

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was considering one of these as a carry gun but haven't really looked much further into them. I'm interested in what you think of it at the range.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just called SCCY about my trigger issue. They said it has free upgrades for the trigger, slide and mag release, and some other small upgrades. I pay to ship it to them then they upgrade it for free and pay to ship it back to me. Sounds like some awesome customer service. Also if you have a SKKY with issues you can get a free replacement, guessing a newer Gen 2.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just tried a gen 2 yesterday, it took a couple of clips to get use to the trigger, got good groups with it at 7yds, the mag was hard to load at first after 3 clips was able to load full 10 Ed's with no trouble, price at 269.00 plus tax was not bad just my 2 cents jj

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I went and shot it the other day. I was having problems with it not cycling properly. I can't tell if it was my grip on it or what. The people at the range seemed awful sure it was the ammo I was using(Tulammo brass max). I'm not too sold on that idea, but you never know. I will say though, it's pretty accurate. I'm gonna work on my technique a little, and see what I come up with.

Top Bottom