APOD Firearms

Say Bye Bye or Buy Buy Russian ammo Gone.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Pretty sure that’s not what I said, but there have been sanctions on the owners of Russian ammo manufacturing since 2018 and they’ve moved a lot if not most of their export ammo manufacturing to locations other than Russia. Personally. Have no dog in the fight, I can’t change a damn thing they are going to do so I’m not going to worry about it. I’ll just keep pressing on doing what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We can try to change. Don't say can't. Letters, emails, etc. At least let them know.
    This is how we are in the situation we are in. People doing nothing. It will eventually boil and then we will have no choice.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ditched all my AK type rifles except the one my dad got me right before he passed away... he bought all us brothers (3) an AK type rifle in 2002. I never warmed up to the AK ergonomics, like the HK 91, HK 93, and FN-FAL PARA I once had, they all just feel odd to me.

But... just because, I just bought 400 rounds for $139 shipped... not bad I suppose, I'll add it to my stash of X39 ammo and shoot it on special occasions to honor my dad.

Suck for the AK guys though... panic buying, loss of imported ammo, not good in an already strained setting.

This is a pic my brothers and I, along with my son, who is now 26, and my dad just before he passed... and I just got word today my son was selected for Staff Sergeant... where does the time go?

Makes a fella proud.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I ditched all my AK type rifles except the one my dad got me right before he passed away... he bought all us brothers (3) an AK type rifle in 2002. I never warmed up to the AK ergonomics, like the HK 91, HK 93, and FN-FAL PARA I once had, they all just feel odd to me.

But... just because, I just bought 400 rounds for $139 shipped... not bad I suppose, I'll add it to my stash of X39 ammo and shoot it on special occasions to honor my dad.

Suck for the AK guys though... panic buying, loss of imported ammo, not good in an already strained setting.

This is a pic my brothers and I, along with my son, who is now 26, and my dad just before he passed... and I just got word today my son was selected for Staff Sergeant... where does the time go?

Ak's, AR's, beer, family = 'Mercia!!

HayesGreener

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I keep seeing the 40% number from Russia being thrown around, but where does that number come from? Who keeps track of that? I am dubious that Russia produces that much of our ammo. Most of the guys I shoot with won't buy their steel cased ammo because it is hard on guns and it is dirty. I would really like to see the source of that 40% number. Inquiring minds want to know.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Most of the guys I shoot with won't buy their steel cased ammo because it is hard on guns and it is dirty. I would really like to see the source of that 40% number. Inquiring minds want to know.

For several years we used Wolf steel case in select-fire Bushmasters... the ammo was dirty no doubt, but the stories of steel case ammo being hard on a gun or causing damage does not match my experiences... we ran perhaps 50K rounds through about eight rifles over a 5-6 year period and those rifles are still in service today with gas rings and MAYBE an extractor or two being replaced.

I'm sure the steel case is much softer than a chrome lined chamber and a quality made extractor. I honestly believe the issue is overblown for the most part.

Chuck32571

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    For several years we used Wolf steel case in select-fire Bushmasters... the ammo was dirty no doubt, but the stories of steel case ammo being hard on a gun or causing damage does not match my experiences... we ran perhaps 50K rounds through about eight rifles over a 5-6 year period and those rifles are still in service today with gas rings and MAYBE an extractor or two being replaced.

I'm sure the steel case is much softer than a chrome lined chamber and a quality made extractor. I honestly believe the issue is overblown for the most part.
    Shuush!!! :D

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The sanction is on made in Russia. Doesn’t matter where it ships from.

Some other country will fill the void but it takes a while for the supply chain and imports.

Some friendly country will ditch some surplus ammo and then replace it with fresh ammo.

I like old milsurp crates.

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    its a few weeks or month from now we see the effects. all their permits and what not will eventually expire and have to be renewed which won't happen. and then the ban targets Russian manufactured, not jus shipment from. no president gives 2 shits about 2A stuff as we've seen the last 2 decades. case n point why we haven't been able to get Saiga AKs since the Obama administration

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don’t think any political party will reverse course.

Old man Bush banned norinco and it hasn’t come back.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Don’t think any political party will reverse course.

Old man Bush banned norinco and it hasn’t come back.
    Which is dumb. We sell stuff to other countries. Just gave a whole lot of stuff to the Taliban. Lol. I thought that ban had expired?

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last week when the ban was announced Sgammo sold the remainder of their non corrosive 762x39. I was trying to checkout but it sold out before I could check out.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Last week when the ban was announced Sgammo sold the remainder of their non corrosive 762x39. I was trying to checkout but it sold out before I could check out.
    I'm not sure if it was this thread or another. There was 474 boxes available at one outlet and it was gone before I could enter my name and credit card info

Latest posts

Top Bottom