• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://www.wkrg.com/mobile-county/...r/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WKRG

Here’s the part I question/am concerned about:
    “While checking his ID, he says, they noticed he had a pistol permit. They asked where his guns were.”

In FL, you do not have to inform unless asked. My additional understanding is that there is no link between DL and CWFL, that is, LE cannot tell your CWFL status by looking up your DL on their system. Am I misinformed, or is this perhaps an Alabama quirk? Thanks for your input.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Am I missing something here? I’m genuinely curious about this, but getting no traction. Guidance, a link, snarky comments. Anyone? Assistance appreciated.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know about Alabama but I got pulled over in Mississippi for speeding (imagine that!) and the state patrolman wanted to know if I had a gun. I said "no" and he said I had a CCP and asked me again. I said "no, I'm going on a US Govt installment and it is not allowed". He was very nice (let me go) and as I was getting ready to go I thought to ask him how he knew I was a CC and he replied "your tag number". Now I don't know if this was true or he was just fishing. But I have kept it in my mind while traveling.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The cruisers more often than not have a lap top sitting in them and I assume they run plate to check on who they have pulled over and such information could be in the system. It is a valid question to ask if that information is accessible to LEOs or not. I suspect it is.

I do not know for FL, MS, AL, but for some states in 2014
    The officer themselves might not be able to on their in-car computers, but their dispatchers certainly can. Running the tag gives the registered owner. Knowing the registered owner's name and DOB lets them access everything else...driver license info, hunting/fishing licenses, warrants, criminal history, concealed weapons permits, etc. etc.
    I suspect in 2019 from the tag number they might know it all.
    WE have LEOs on the forum, perhaps they would care to comment.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW: My personal knowledge is dated and from outside Fl. However, there is commonality and cross connectivity. Rather than data dump, here's my short answer and the full scoop is in the Link. This info (what data is what and where) isn't "secret" but obviously use/access to the actual Systems is Restricted. Florida Crime Information Center (FCIC) Database has FL CCL data, one of several databases authorized (different levels) to LE/LE Support use. Nlets would access out of State CCPs. FCIC pulls data from other "Systems/databases depending on the query. Some Programs allow access to other Systems/programs/databases. Not all data queries are instantaneously answered and Yes, misidentification does happen. Link provides basic training info on commonly utilized and authorized systems for FL LE. You can break it down to System = what data. There's Hot data entry, Email and more in the weeds if you want to go all the way through it. I don't know how dated this material is. PDF Format download:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Limited...FjAAegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw04AFVmg0NTRcxzkewZgJSR

Last edited:
    Top Bottom