Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Savage 30.06, Boyd's Stock, Accu-trigger -Milton

Item Savage 110 30.06 w/ Accutrigger

LocationMilton

Contact InfoPM

Price550, rifle . Ammo available

Item Description Considering a caliber change and its come down to whether or not someone wants my 30.06 setup. This rifle shoots amazing and I'm not hurting to sell, just wanting to build something else. This is a Savage 110 in 30.06 with Accutrigger 'glass bedded (devcon) in a Boyd's thumbhole stock with Limbsaver recoil pad. The only cosmetic flaw on the stock is a small nick UNDER the velcro/neoprene cheek-weld pad. The pad can be re-worked easily to fit your face if need be and works very well. The scope pictured is NOT included. The rings on the Savage will be included. Ammo will be available. 160rds Wolf 145gr FMJ, 60rds Hornady Superformance SST 150gr, and 40rds Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 150gr. price is firm and not looking for trades at this time.
    IMG_20130425_092102_849_zps1013a12f.jpg

IMG_20130425_091817_690_zps2fc5440b.jpg

Last edited:

jwbronco

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Too bad you weren't looking for a dirt bike. This is the kind of gun that I'd love to see in my safe.

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    oughtta be able to get rid of this one this time of year. Hunting season is getting hard and heavy. The rut's right around the corner

nice rifle, but not conducive to cheap range shooting. I never see the woods unfortunately

sureicanfish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if it had a heavy barrel and was .308 i'd keep it haha. for some reason i think i need one. Also this rifle is still an easy toter for woods work, the stock points great and the thumbhole is in no way a hindrance to freehand shooting, rather the opposite in my opinion.

yukondog

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you like the gun you could change the barrel out yourself the savage is not hard to do, or have a gunsmith do it for you.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shilen, PacNor and a few others make direct fit barrels for Savage 110's. Just have it checked by a 'smith once it has been installed.

sureicanfish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i would think so, seeing how 30.06 is a looong action and .308 is not. re barreling would be sweet, i guess, but a nice chunk of change too. I highly doubt i would ever get the money back out of it after that either.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bolt and receiver do not need to be changed. Can do a 308 in a long action 110 since the bolt face is the same. You will have a longer "throw" of the bolt but a 308 would work.

Check out www.brownells.com and read this article.

Re-barreling Your Savage Rifle
    By Mark Hudson

This month we’re going to show you how to re-barrel a Savage Model 110 bolt action rifle; one of the easier rifles to re-barrel. The techniques apply to the entire 110 series. All you need is a Barrel Vise (available with either steel or aluminum bushings) with the appropriate bushing for the barrel diameter that you are removing, and a Barrel Nut Wrench. By the way, this wrench works on both the old, round notch and new, square notch barrel nuts.

On the average bolt rifle, you establish correct headspace by lathe-turning the shoulder on the barrel. However, with the Savage, all you have to do is remove the firing pin and ejector from the bolt, insert a GO Headspace Gauge into the chamber, screw the barrel into the receiver until the gauge bumps up tight against the bolt face, tighten the barrel lock nut and you have a barrel that is set up to minimum headspace. Let’s go through the steps, one by one.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom