• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    i stopped shooting there when the RSO asked to see paperwork on my SBR. i politely asked if he had LEO creds and he said he didn't. i told him in a respectful way that it was none of his business. he then said if i wouldn't comply with his request i would be asked to leave. i told him at that point i was leaving anyway. he said a couple things to try to bait me but i packed up and left. won't EVER give them another dime of my money. they are 10 minutes from me and i'll drive 40 to go to Element and shoot clays out there instead.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If you actually paid money to exercise your God given right and still thought it was cheap, you need new friends... that own land out in the county, free private gun ranges and/or hunting club gate combinations. I haven't paid to go shooting in years

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i stopped shooting there when the RSO asked to see paperwork on my SBR. i politely asked if he had LEO creds and he said he didn't. i told him in a respectful way that it was none of his business. he then said if i wouldn't comply with his request i would be asked to leave. i told him at that point i was leaving anyway. he said a couple things to try to bait me but i packed up and left. won't EVER give them another dime of my money. they are 10 minutes from me and i'll drive 40 to go to Element and shoot clays out there instead.
    Funny - a decade ago their Nazi RSO wanted me to go to the office to let them make copies of my NFA paperwork. I laughingly told him “Yeah, I bring ALL my illegal SBRs, SBSs, and suppressors to shoot at a public range for the whole world to see” before finishing up and leaving.

I pulled the thread on that (ie, they were creating a defacto gun registry, which is a crime in FL) and emailed their contact address with pointed questions like “What is the process that these ownership records are kept? Who has access to them?”, etc…. 30 min later the Head RSO called me and left a message stammering about not violating the law, and 1/2 saying he was sorry. That is before it closed for awhile and then re-opened as it is now.

I met an out of town buddy and his family there to shoot last spring - it’s not a bad range, but def on the FUDD RSO side of things, which I understand with all the semi-brain dead people shooting. We do some clay shooting over there but it’s more for my kids than me so we pay to play on those occasions.

But I much prefer members only ranges and shooting during the week, when you can get a bay to yourself most of the time, or if you stay long enough, you’ll get one after ppl leave. You and the people on the range are the RSO, you talk amongst yourselves to go hot, cold, etc. Not hard to do with knowledgeable and amicable people, but I understand that doesn’t work on a public anyone can show up at the range types.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    As I understand the law about tax stamps: ATF and IRS agents are the only people you are required to show your TAX stamp to. With that being said, sworn LEO can ask to see your tax stamp, you are not required to show the tax stamp to them. It is always better to show LEO, so you do not get detained until ATF or IRS agents show up. That is how tax stamps were explained to me. The reason being it is a tax, and your federal taxes are private information. I could be wrong, and if I am, please guide me to the laws that correct my thinking.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    As I understand the law about tax stamps: ATF and IRS agents are the only people you are required to show your TAX stamp to. With that being said, sworn LEO can ask to see your tax stamp, you are not required to show the tax stamp to them. It is always better to show LEO, so you do not get detained until ATF or IRS agents show up. That is how tax stamps were explained to me. The reason being it is a tax, and your federal taxes are private information. I could be wrong, and if I am, please guide me to the laws that correct my thinking.
    Welp, their RSOs are neither and they can straight long walk off short pier. Not my duty to show proof or in the scope of their authority to ask. Fed bois can ask and in the presence of authority, I'll show. Otherwise, they can sod right straight off ..

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I never had an RSO there ask for any of my nfa paperwork, but it’s been a few years since I’ve shot there. I stopped going because of their slow fire rules and not being able to collect my own brass from forward of the firing line. I’ll add this to the reasons I’ll probably never go back. I need friends like Ravens.

Sandyduck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If you actually paid money to exercise your God given right and still thought it was cheap, you need new friends... that own land out in the county, free private gun ranges and/or hunting club gate combinations. I haven't paid to go shooting in years

Well when I lived in Tennessee my place was the where everyone came to shoot. But since we moved here two years ago the only people I know are Walter guys at work who don’t shoot so not a lot of options lol

Sandyduck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The one guy is a little aggressive. And maybe that’s why he kept eying my AR Pistol that may or may not have been shouldered lol. But I got to shoot so that felt good at least lol.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When it comes to NFA stuff, I have copies of the forms on my phone, as well as small 1/3 size laminated copies with a ring keeping them all together. I also have full copies and forms folded into a bankers type zipper pouch tucked into my main range bag.

Honestly, right or wrong, if a FL LEO asked to see my forms in the performance of his duties for some reason, I'd give him the laminated forms to look at. If having that doesn't give him enough confidence that my stuff is legal, he can piss off from there. If the BATFEEE clowns ask, they can see the full paper copies.

An RSO (regardless if he's LE or not - as he's not acting in that capacity if working a second job out of uniform), can rightly suck on it.

I'm glad that Santa Rosa range is around, as it gets a lot of people the opportunity to shoot. But as others have mentioned, their slow fire rules, brass collection, and other things keep me far away from anything other than shooting clays there.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    If you play on someone else's property, you play by their rules or you don't play. If you say never again I hope that your words don't come back to bite.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you play on someone else's property, you play by their rules or you don't play.
    Sure, right up to the point that they are breaking state law. I asked for their Standard Procedures and Policy concerning viewing and copying NFA forms when my incident happened...

As you'd expect it was met with stammering and "well, you know, I don't know...".

In fact I would have loved to get a hard or electronic copy and send over to the DA to take a look at...

These are their current "Range Rules", which don't say anything about utilizing, or not utilizing NFA items. The just because the RSO wants to do something doesn't mean it's organizational policy.

"RANGE RULES

These Rules Are For Your Protection - As Well As To Promote Your Enjoyment Of Our Facility

• Eye & ear protection are mandatory for all persons on the range.
    • Bolts or actions must be open when you are not shooting.
    • Treat every gun as if it were loaded at all times.
    • Keep the muzzle pointed down range or in a safe direction at all times.
    • Check your barrel for obstructions before firing.
    • Make sure you have the correct ammunition for your gun before firing.
    • Shooters may shoot only at the target in line with their position, (example: #1 position shoots at #1 target only.)
    • Use official targets only. Target frames must be used. No cans, bottles or other litter. Put old targets in trash container.
    • Remove all firearms from their cases at the shooting benches only, never behind the benches or at your vehicle or in the parking lot.
    • Load firearms only when the range is declared hot (ready to commence firing) and you are at the firing line ready to shoot.
    • No alcoholic beverages allowed on range. (if employees detect the odor of alcohol on your person, you will not be access to the range.
    • You may collect your own brass that is on or at the firing line. Brass that falls in front of the firing line may not be retrieved.
    • All persons must use the walkways to and from the rifle/pistol range targets. Access to the backstop and all areas outside of the target lines and walkways is prohibited.
    • No tracer or incendiary type ammunition allowed on range.
    • Be aware of your target and what is behind it, all bullets must impact the lower half of the berm.
    • If others are waiting to shoot, time will be limited to one hour per shooter.
    • No 50 caliber bmg. No 50 ae, 500, 460 or 454 magum handguns.
    • Allow for two seconds in between rounds. No rapid fire.

Please ask if you have any questions! Thank you and have fun!"

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    ERGC is only another mile down the road.
    They aren't much better with cadence of fire, guns in cases and the like. I would still shoot there before santa rosa...

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They aren't much better with cadence of fire, guns in cases and the like. I would still shoot there before santa rosa...
    Not the 200+ times I've shot there in the past decade, but mmmkay….

I want everyone to think ERGC sux because it means more empty ranges for me to do whatever I want!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Not the 200+ times I've shot there in the past decade, but mmmkay….

I want everyone to think ERGC sux because it means more empty ranges for me to do whatever I want!
    i'm slow rollin' it bruh... keep it on the hushie hush.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I never had an RSO there ask for any of my nfa paperwork, but it’s been a few years since I’ve shot there. I stopped going because of their slow fire rules and not being able to collect my own brass from forward of the firing line. I’ll add this to the reasons I’ll probably never go back. I need friends like Ravens.
    I will say I haven't had anyone say too much about the slow fire policy - but when I go out there is to do requals for other officers so show my credentials the owners smile we sign in and good to go.
    I think the brass forward of the firing line is generally cus of how busy it is you'd be throwing the whole place into a pause trying to pick up brass.

Truth be told I miss pig farm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom