• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Look at mark cotton sitting over there all smug after he tried dragging Sams name through the mud...he claims it wasn't him or his wife, but I'll let y'all make your own decision. First the Santa Rosa press gazette article... http://ssrnews.com/editorial-stop-dirty-politics/

Then mark cottons response on Facebook (I should add that as a home owning, tax paying Santa Rosa county resident I messaged mr cotton about the article and never received a response)

Today there was an editorial in a local newsfeed where I was made to look really bad without opportunity for input or rebuttal. If you saw the article here is my response:

Five or six months into my pre-qualification in this race, and shortly after Mr Parker entered the race, three different ECSO personnel contacted us within a period of days and basically implored us to seek out Mr. Parker's work record at the Escambia County Sheriff's Office. We did just that, and not secretively; my wife was asked her name when she picked the stuff up with the opportunity to withhold it.

Mr Parker is running for public office to represent not only our County, but also the District my family and I live in, and I have always had great interest and involvement in the quality of our local government. I felt at least as a resident I deserved to know what these guys were referring to. So we did request his PUBLIC file. This was some time ago. Several people have since read the records, and were disturbed, as we were.

It is true that of the hundreds of pages (not a half-inch as the article states) much of it was routine business and a "boring read" as it was put...
    However if the time is taken to actually read through it all, much is NOT routine and paints a poor picture of character and maturity. For example, high-ranking ECSO personnel remarks during/upon Sam's demotion from Sergeant back to Deputy, their reasons for it, and their concern for him having placed the ECSO in a position of potential civil liability. Separately, in an Internal Affairs investigation, where he was accused by a peer of "tasing" and "stun gunning" a suspect to the point another fellow deputy finally had to order him to stop. Are you kidding? It's no wonder that our current LEO's lives are in danger when people in the community experience being treated like this.

There are many other cases in the records. His poor decisions seemed his trend over the years, not an accident.

I first respect everyone, especially those in uniform, unless they should give me some reason somehow not to. In reading through the accusations, (especially those brought BY HIS OWN PEERS) and the investigations and reports, I came to lose all respect for Mr. Parker.

We must remember these are PUBLIC records and are meant for the PUBLIC, they are HIS OWN records many on ECSO letterhead, and he is an EX-leo, and no longer serving for whatever reasons. This has nothing to do with how I feel about LEOs. I have several close LEO friends. However, Parker is now running for PUBLIC office where he would oversee close to $120 million/yr of PUBLIC money and hundreds of employees. Character matters. Rules matter. And job history and work experience matters.

I think one should withhold judgment unless they read these records; I think most will form similar opinions.

The article this morning was an EDITORIAL and I had no opportunity for comment or input. None of those are my words. We did not send any such package and I do not know what may have been received, but I do know the records were 100's of pages, not just a "half inch" worth. Regardless, the editorial was based on something the recipient chose to focus on-the Purple Heart thing, which I do not recall being in the public records at all.

Look at my history of honor and respect on Facebook and otherwise. Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Blue Angels tragedy and so on. I have grandfathers with military markers. I respect recognition or awards received by anyone. I proudly attended a military pinning for a friend's son not long ago. I was raised where respect for police and military was a given. In the recent few years, there has been a huge lack of respect handed down toward our military and law enforcement; I am not of that mindset, not at all.

Finally, if the content of those records does not matter, and if stability and character in our leaders no longer matters, this is indeed a sad time. It's also sad that any member of the public would be seemingly admonished in an editorial for asking for PUBLIC records of our own government. I'm not giving up so easily on our County's future.

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    And for the record, as one of Sams peers I have nothing negative to say about him and feel that he'll make a great county commissioner.

Chaddd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I was a little supprised to see him go negative and try and drag Sam's name through the mud. Hard to believe you could meet Sam Parker and have anything bad to say about him. But I guess that's polticans for yah

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Any time you question the upper people \you be come a non term player. and become a liability. I have been there. have known sam for a long time, vote for him.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sams top notch and if not currently was once a member of this forum. Good dude, I've known him for decades. Has the right mentality and and interests to be an asset in local politics. Also, devout 2nd Amendment supporter

Top Bottom