• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just Lookin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know this is an AK forum, but the saiga is built on same design. I have the 7.62x39 Russian banned model. Not sure of the updates everyone is referring to. I put tapco forearm and adjustable stock on . Just like to know if I'm missing something

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Not sure but I think you might be referring to Saiga conversions? Basically you take a stock Saiga and perform a few modifications to it to bring it into a standard AK setup.

Just Lookin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Most guns are nothing more than barrel and trigger ,clip assemblies , rest is cosmetic. and something to hold onto it.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know this is an AK forum, but the saiga is built on same design. I have the 7.62x39 Russian banned model. Not sure of the updates everyone is referring to. I put tapco forearm and adjustable stock on . Just like to know if I'm missing something
    Most Saigas are modified to make them importable. A fixed - non pistol grip- type hunting stock is attached. The trigger is moved back via a link bar assy.
    To "convert" one BACK to the gun it was intended to be ...you must reverse the procedure - moving the trigger back to its intended postition (removing the creepy link bar) + install a pistol grip and normal stock.
    There are plenty of rules you have to follow to keep the gun on the legal side of things when doing this....but its worth it to have a firearm that is configured the way it should be....instead of the way the lawyers configured it.
    You gain - shorter overall length , better trigger, less complicated mechanics, and lots of COOL POINTS!

Jherexx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I look at these from time to time but among other things, the issue with the rear tang puts me off (either permanently alter gun by cutting it off, or fab up your own solution).

I didn't know about the rear tang, I thought it was a drop-in fit for the Saiga's, but then again, I really didn't do much research. It would be cool to have a 308 bullpup though.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i didn't know about the rear tang, i thought it was a drop-in fit for the saiga's, but then again, i really didn't do much research. It would be cool to have a 308 bullpup though.

Keltec RFB

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want something different, why not get one of these and turn it into a bullpup.

http://www.kushnapup.com/

I got a S-12 in a Kushna the other day, and Im very pleased with it, so Im definitely changing my opinion here. I was thinking of getting another stock for a .223 Saiga I have here (I understand 30 rd mags will hit on 7.62 model), and posted a thread here looking for other's experiences and opinions, and not a single response, so I guess no other Kushna owners on this board. My concern is if shipping and sales are reliable (there was a huge issue with the pre-order) and if cutting off the tangs really makes it an illegal length gun (I find this a little hard to believe).

I guess I could take some measurements here-- I could disassemble both and drop the .223 into the S-12 stock, but that seems a bit of effort..... measuring and laying them up against each other might be fine.

Still it would be nice to have others experience, but I guess no one here has one.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've read that it's hard to reach around them.... In the bullpup configuration.

JSD2137

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes i can see that being so close in. Mine is new never been loaded comes with carring pouch and loader id let go for $75 if you know of anyone looking. Saiga has always had a bad rap ive converted all mine even the 12 and it will also eat anything i feed it. Maybe i got one made on Tuesday lol

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im tempted by that price. I have an unconverted .223 (and a 7.62). Im not sure what I want to do with them. I understand the 7.62 is not a good candidate for the Kush, unless you want to use only 20 rounds mags. Therefore I was considering the 223 for a Kush. The Kush was really made for the S-12 though, and so some modification is required for other calibers.

I should probably just convert them both, but Im a little leery. I know it's straightforward though (did you use bullet guides? ) and im mechanically adept. What do you recoat them with, just black paint?

JSD2137

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well 7.62x39 yes i used a guide and i actually buffed it down and no paint. Ive seen them painted but my rifle is not been in the mud and hope the day never comes. I did cut the tang off my s-12 just because i put the folding adapter. I was reading your question on length and i would know that for sure on the Kush but i like the way it looks.

Top Bottom