• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been doing some work on a few Saiga 12's recently. Now that the gunsmith type stuff is done, I'll move over to shotguns forum for the rest. Here is the previous thread

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?8183-SAIGA-12-work

I will continue that here and will get some pics up in a day or 2.

Last night I installed a Hogue grip. Because of the aftermarket Tromix trigger guard, even this wasnt a bolt-on affair. Had to cut about 3/8-1/2" off of the hold down screw due to the design of the trigger guard and also had to remove material from the portion of the handle that hits the screw boss of the trigger guard so it would bolt down tightly to the trigger guard/receiver. Just a few quick minutes and got a good solid mount on the new Hogue grip.

Ordered a Tromix charging handle. Its a knurled round, extended handle to simply bolts to the factory charging handle. Gives a little better purchase on the charging handle and makes for a quicker reach for faster charging. Also ordered a VFG for the gun by a company named React. Its a shorter grip and appears to be rubberized, like the hogue, it at least has a similar texture.

Like I said, since the gunsmith type work is done on this one, I'll be continuing that post here with pics and information

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PICS daggumit!

the stock is a phoenix technology kicklite stock, its has a recoil absorbtion feature, kinda like a hydraulic buffer.

in the next 2 you can see the Tromix trigger guard used to convert to pistol grip configuration, as well as the Tapco G2 trigger group. The silver tab is the bolt hold open feature unique to the saiga shotguns.

these are the gas ports inside the gas block

this is how you adjust the gas plug. 1 for magnum loads, 2 for lighter loads, the higher the number the more gas you get in the system. You need to scavenge more gas from a lighter load to properly work the system. Too much gas, can slam the bolt carrier into the trunion causing damage.

build list is:
    Saiga 12ga shotgun
    Drilled and clearanced gas ports and block
    UTG rail
    Hogue molded pistol grip
    Tromix trigger guard
    Tapco G2 trigger set
    Phoenix Technology Kicklite stock
    AGP Arms 10rnd mag
    2 - arsenal 5 rnd mags

ordered: Tromix charging handle
    React vertical grip

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What kinda sights would you suggest? I'm kinda thinking magpul flip up sights with a red dot also, but I dunno. Being a shotgun, irons wont ever get much use I wouldnt think. Never set up a "fighting" shotgun before.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    added two more goodies

a Tromix knurled round charging handle and a React RSG vertical grip. Gotta do something for sights and maybe a muzzle device, then we should be able to call it quits on mods...or maybe not. :)

Top Bottom