• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back in the early 2000’s I had traded in one of my H&K P7 pistols for a S&W 640-1 that was a Lew Horton ported model and was called the pocket rocket back then.

I remember shooting it at the range and it had a muzzle flash that if the 357 round didn’t do the job, the muzzle flash would scare the crap out of the person on the other end of the barrel.

I loved the way it shot and was a unique pistol being a performance center gun ported from the factory. I found my original receipt and the gun cost me $675 and I got a $550 trade in allowance on my P7.

I wish I still had my two P7’s after seeing what they are getting for them on today’s market. But that’s all they were worth back then.

I have always regretted selling my ported 640-1 and was scanning gunbroker.com and seen a used Lew Horton model like the one I had for a great price, even though it didn’t have the box.

I wanted the pistol, so I bit the bullet, called the owner and we worked out a deal and I just just it today and I am a happy camper.

The pistol is in nice shape and can’t wait to take it to the range and put some rounds through it. The funny part of this is I found my original receipt for the one I bought way back and just noticed the serial number 0002, I wish I still had it.

IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0550.jpeg

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    absolutely a beaut! as most know i love a s&w j frame and this one ticks every box for me! congrats... if i could only find a 2" model 64 again, my life would be better.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks
    absolutely a beaut! as most know i love a s&w j frame and this one ticks every box for me! congrats... if i could only find a 2" model 64 again, my life would be better.,

Thanks sir, it took me 20 years to find a nice one at a price I could live with. Unfortunately for us users, the Lew Horton stuff has gotten very pricey and collectible, but I bought it for $1200 which I thought was a very fair price for this pistol. I am a happy camper.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom