HD Tactical

Run our Country with Homeowner's Association Rules??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you live in a Homeowner's Association you are familiar with these concepts.

1) If you are not a property owner -- you don't get a vote (renters don't usually count either)

2) If you are delinquent on your fee/assessment payments -- you don't get a vote.

So, maybe in the USA -- we should follow the pattern...

1) If you don't own property -- or at least pay rent -- you don't get a vote (I mean actually pay rent with money you earn from working -- not public assistance)

2) If you have tax liens outstanding -- or don't pay any taxes at all (because you are on public assistance) -- you don't get a vote

Under such rules -- how different our elections would be, and correspondingly -- our nation's government. Yeah, yeah -- those will cry and say the weak and poor would be oppressed, etc. I see it as an incentive for people to actually work and make something of themselves -- to earn the ability to vote.

Agree -- disagree? Flame on!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well sorta agree on the few rules you posted. Basically I am against HOA's due to their dictatorial nature and telling you what you can and cannot do with your own property. What color you can paint, what the lawn and bushes are and look like, and no parking of trailers or RV's in your driveway, no signs in the front yard, their approval to even put a shed in the back yard, just some of ours.

I like no voting for anyone on public assistance (does not include SS or retirement)

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hear ya. I was part of a 600 member HOA in B'ham (Greystone Farms) and actually got sucked in to serving a term as President... Never again! Then in P'cola with a 12 member HOA (Grand Baroque) -- 12 people couldn't agree on a single thing! Now, in Hammock de Galvez -- it is optional, and they mainly do cookouts and plant some flowers at the entrance. They do have their limitations, and I can't say that I prefer living in one. I just think people ought to have some investment in our country through hard work in order to be able to vote.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you live in a Homeowner's Association you are familiar with these concepts.

1) If you are not a property owner -- you don't get a vote (renters don't usually count either)

2) If you are delinquent on your fee/assessment payments -- you don't get a vote.

So, maybe in the USA -- we should follow the pattern...

1) If you don't own property -- or at least pay rent -- you don't get a vote (I mean actually pay rent with money you earn from working -- not public assistance)

2) If you have tax liens outstanding -- or don't pay any taxes at all (because you are on public assistance) -- you don't get a vote

Under such rules -- how different our elections would be, and correspondingly -- our nation's government. Yeah, yeah -- those will cry and say the weak and poor would be oppressed, etc. I see it as an incentive for people to actually work and make something of themselves -- to earn the ability to vote.

Agree -- disagree? Flame on!

Agree 100% Fly! The parasites are currently running the show while WE pay for it!!!

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well sorta agree on the few rules you posted. Basically I am against HOA's due to their dictatorial nature and telling you what you can and cannot do with your own property. What color you can paint, what the lawn and bushes are and look like, and no parking of trailers or RV's in your driveway, no signs in the front yard, their approval to even put a shed in the back yard, just some of ours.

I like no voting for anyone on public assistance (does not include SS or retirement)

Frank, SS and retirement is earned. Most of us paid dearly into both. Definitely NOT an entitlement - they were paid for by the recipient...

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank, SS and retirement is earned. Most of us paid dearly into both. Definitely NOT an entitlement - they were paid for by the recipient...

Unfortunately, many of us will never see what we've paid into the SS system -- much less get what it would be if we had been allowed to invest the money ourselves. The SS "trust fund" was robbed long ago by politicians in Washington DC.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hear ya. I was part of a 600 member HOA in B'ham (Greystone Farms) and actually got sucked in to serving a term as President... Never again! Then in P'cola with a 12 member HOA (Grand Baroque) -- 12 people couldn't agree on a single thing! Now, in Hammock de Galvez -- it is optional, and they mainly do cookouts and plant some flowers at the entrance. They do have their limitations, and I can't say that I prefer living in one. I just think people ought to have some investment in our country through hard work in order to be able to vote.

I have lived in Neighborhoods with HOA's all my life up till the last 8 years and I'm here to tell ya, never again. I bought a house in a neighborhood in Midway that is a mix. business's on 98 in front and homes that increase in value the closer you get to the water. You all know what I mean. My house is one block from the boat ramp there and my house is on an acre of land. At my house I can, keep chickens ( Which I really enjoy being a first time chicken man) I can shoot my guns ( Cops always come out so not much any more unless sighting in. They always left with a smile and sometimes shot a few with us) Have a recording studio upstairs from my garage with no complaints. Have my boat parked in my driveway and my sons on the side of the house. Have cars parked wherever I want. Cut my grass when I want. And many more things that the Nazi HOA's have raised Hell about before. Last place I lived put a " Warning" on my Daughters car saying she couldn't park on the curb while he had a motorhome parked on his for 7 months??? I just threw all " Warnings " In the trash, and went to the next meeting and told them until they were ready to throw me into " HOA" jail, to stop wasting paper or I would call Greenpeace, lol

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is all this fuss about a Homeowners association? I own my home,its paid for,and I will do damn well what I please with it and the yard. How in the hell can someone think they can tell you what to do on your property? I would tell that person where to shove it.Glad I don't live nowhere near a "homeowner ass" People these days think they can tell anyone and everyone what to do and when to do it. Come up to my chunk of woods and see how far that crap gets ya.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been advocating about the same thing for years Fly. No skin in the game? No vote.

As for HOAs: I've known a couple of people that bought a home and signed the HOA agreement without reading the fine print. That would be the homeowner's mistake. My current neighborhood doesn't have one. I don't believe in overly restrictive rules but sometimes they can be a good thing. A former friend of mine (now a douchebag) bought a nice home in a fine neighborhood years ago. Everyone kept their property and houses in first rate condition. Within three years
    he turned his place into something that resembled an abandoned landfill and junk yard. Wasn't fair to the other neighbors.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had rather live next to Fred Sanford rather than paying the yard Nazis to harass me.

Image_11.jpg

Attachments

• Image_11.jpg
      Image_11.jpg
      39.9 KB · Views: 106

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually I do live next to a Fred Sanford wannabe. He has 4 boats, 5 cars, a utility trailer, and 7 air conditioner condenser units in his yard. It was 14 AC units but he scrapped some of them.

Oh yeah, at least a half-dozen grills/smokers.

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually I do live next to a Fred Sanford wannabe. He has 4 boats, 5 cars, a utility trailer, and 7 air conditioner condenser units in his yard. It was 14 AC units but he scrapped some of them.

Oh yeah, at least a half-dozen grills/smokers.

If some one did live next to me they would have hated it when I get close to crushing cars, I have had 60ish cars piled up,along with the radiators,aluminum wheels, and various other junk. This is how I make a living most of the time, when welding jobs are scarce.
    Oh yeah, I also have 5 trailers of various sizes,a tractor,and it's implements,several junk boats, I use them to stuff junk cars with.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That is why and the only reason HOA's are a good thing, to maintain property values...not letting your neighbors devalue YOUR property by the appearance of neighbors. They just tend to go to far at times in an over zealous reach for power and control, much like what obama has done.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like the idea of tying voting to something like is done in a HOA.

Always believed that voting in the US of A should be franchized somehow - serve in the military, as a fireman, police officer, or EMT, something that benefits the community as a whole for a minimum of 2 years to earn the right to vote.

Very concerned that the entitlement crowd is going to control elections from now on, as they largely did in the last presidential election, trying to vote them selves more and more while doing less and less.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very concerned that the entitlement crowd is going to control elections from now on, as they largely did in the last presidential election, trying to vote them selves more and more while doing less and less.

Wait until next election. They they will have 11 million more entitlement votes due to amnesty.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What would be better would be our Military doing what the Egyptian Army has done, oust a dictator making illegal laws! Do they have the balls? The leadership? Will the vets help and stand beside them them?

Top Bottom