• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chaos

Marksman
    Ruger Mini 14 Tactical 300 Blk out

Sturm, Ruger & Co. has announced that the Mini-14 Tactical rifle is now available in 300 AAC Blackout. This newest version of the Mini-14 rifle features an optimized gas port that cycles with both supersonic ammunition and subsonic ammunition when a sound suppressor is installed. The rifle weighs approximately 6.75 lbs., features a 16.1", 5/8"-24 threaded barrel with a 1:7" twist rate, and is supplied with two, 20-round detachable box magazines.

Might just have to get me one!

Last edited:

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Just got a 30 and love it. Feeling the burn of "mini madness" and might have to look into it as well.

SAWMAN

Master
    Not for me. For the cost I would say build up or buy a AR. Probably more accurate. Of course I own a 6.8 Mini so who am I to talk. (Also got a bolt 300BLK coming.)

I predict that the gun will have problems from the git-go. Guessing ..... feeding,ejecting. Hopefully it will take the same mags as the 223/5.56 Mini so no problem there.

Hey ...... a Mini is a Mini is a Mini. They are what they are. They were designed and built to fit certain perameters. They do this and then some.

I certinly hope "you know who" doesn't have to have one. My guess ---> he will. I will call it his .... "poof fah" gun. --- SAWMAN

Knotnow

Shooter
    I had decided to add a min 30 to the collection and went to order one and met a customer there that had strong opinions about 7.62 x 39 ammo not working well in a Ruger mini platform.
    They had a mini 14 in 300 Blackout there that really interested me so I left to do some research on the round. There are pros and cons out there to this round. I like the fact that AR components for 300 blk are interchangeable some with AR 15 components and the ballistics of the round are slightly better at distance than the 7.62 x 39.
    One of the problems that I have seen on reviews about the mini 14 in 300 Blk is the primer cap being blown out of the casing and jamming the gun.
    Any first hand pros or cons that you guys and gals can add?
    Thanks

Top Bottom