• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    You guys shooting self defense rounds or JHP with a sharper edge on the fine? I tried some I think 2 different brands and had some issues chambering the next round because it would hang up on the lip of the bullet. FMJ does fine. I just kept those in it. Wondering if it was just my gun or I need to shoot it more to break it in??
    I had a couple hangups in the first 100rds but none since.
    When I'm at the range I make sure to mix ammo in a bag and see what hangs up. I like a gun that's not picky.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You guys shooting self defense rounds or JHP with a sharper edge on the fine? I tried some I think 2 different brands and had some issues chambering the next round because it would hang up on the lip of the bullet. FMJ does fine. I just kept those in it. Wondering if it was just my gun or I need to shoot it more to break it in??
    That's next up for testing. I'll try to remember to post my results. I had a lot of problems with the Kel Tec P3-AT (which the LCP was shamelessly stolen from) but I think Ruger did something better/different with the LCPs. My Glock 42 is 100% reliable with all ammo I've thrown through it, that's pretty much my baseline for a self-defense firearm.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I’m using federal HST 99gr and haven’t had any issues with that or FMJ from blazer, magtech and new republic. It’s ran everything I’ve fed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So in addition to the 50 Freedom Arms 90g Blaster range ammo yesterday, today I put about 10-15 rounds each of
    Atomic Ammo 90g JHP (pretty hot)
    Aguila 90g JHP (discontinued years ago)
    Fiocchi 90g JHP

No failures of any kind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom