• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    they're supposed to be pretty good from what i've head. not my jam tho... i'll take a S&W J frame every time.
    i have gone back to my roots, wheel guns... never had one jam, but have had nightmares about semi auto's jamming in a crucial moment.... and have had jams with them in regular usage...

.357 mag, or .38spec +p

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i have gone back to my roots, wheel guns... never had one jam, but have had nightmares about semi auto's jamming in a crucial moment.... and have had jams with them in regular usage...

.357 mag, or .38spec +p
    My waist band is my Colt Cobra but unless I'm in pant or jeans if not its pocket carry. Most days it's revolver in waist ruger in pocket and derringer in the boot. A law man asked me one day what I was scared of ...NOTHING...

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I have one of the early ones. Thought it was the stitching on the factory holster so I changed holsters. Mag release is very light. Once I thought I did it, but after the holster swap i quit carrying it. Pull it out and have to clip the mag in. I don't think it's a recall but I've read it a few places and Ruger has made it right.
    I'm not saying don't carry it, just check to see if your mag is in tight before you commit to carry. Too many things going on and I haven't sent it in to Ruger.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    What are your thoughts on the Ruger LCP Max (380) for a good conceal carry pocket pistol? Thanks.
    Look at a SW 340 PD 14 oz loaded 357 magnum , they do require getting used to blast and stout STOUT recoil but hard to beat at bad breath range ,just put the front sight on center mass then detonate ....they aint for target or plinking

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Will probably be my next purchase, currently carrying a Glock 42 in .380. The original LCPs had horrible triggers, dry firing the LCPII and Max recently at GC Guns I was very impressed. Also the front tritium is awesome at the price point.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Absolutely love my LCP Max. Go for the 12 round factory extended mags, think they were 2 for $40 something from PSA.

Very great shooter, not too snappy, great sights, accurate, and reliable. Just feels good all around. Honestly have only carried another gun like twice since I put it in service following initial testing. So nice to be able to just put it in my pocket and not strap up a holster to my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    For a little noisy cricket, it's a great little pocket carry gun. Shoots great and haven't had any issues with around 250rds. Pretty accurate as well. Installed the Mcarbo flat trigger and the springs kit right away, trigger is smooth at 4lbs. It's one of the guns I'll probably never sell.

1000013179.jpg

boondoggle

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For a little noisy cricket, it's a great little pocket carry gun. Shoots great and haven't had any issues with around 250rds. Pretty accurate as well. Installed the Mcarbo flat trigger and the springs kit right away, trigger is smooth at 4lbs. It's one of the guns I'll probably never sell.

View attachment 276721
    I did the same along with the stainless guide rod and spring. I would have never thought such a small pistol would be so easy to shoot accurately

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mine is pure factory stock. With the great trigger on this compared to the LCP I & II I didn’t see a need. Pretty impressed with it out of the box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fisheadgib

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had an lcp that my wife liked so I gave it to her and bought an lcp II. I also put a techna clip on both of them rather than use a holster. With that I can hook it in a pocket or waistband and it doesn't print I have quite a few carry options but I find myself carrying the lcp the most often. I can stick it in a pocket, stuff a 10 round mag in my back pocket, and I'm out the door.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Soooo... I just picked one up from Gulf Coast Guns, took advantage of their latest sales tax rebate sale. Thoughts after 50 rounds: It's small but mighty. 10+1 rounds in that form factor is unparalleled. Sights were surprisingly good for a pistol this size with the tritium front dot and serrated rear blade that has great contrast. Shots were easily combat accurate at about 15 yards. Got some good groups but it was hard to shoot consistently for more than 2-3 rounds in a string. Hand/arm fatigue is real, my hands were shaking after about 30 rounds. Contrast this with my Glock 42 which is much easier to shoot and does not cause fatigue. Could be my lack of familiarity or it could be the light weight and small form factor. Felt a lot like shooting my old Kel Tec P3-AT except with a more generous (but still short) grip surface. As others have reported, I did get some trigger slap/bite however this seemed to go away as the round count went up. Perhaps it's break in but more likely it's me finding the sweet spot on the trigger to avoid the bite. More rounds downrange are definitely in order. The 10 round mag is solid and drops free. I was surprised that the box also contains an alternate mag floorplate with a finger groove - nice option to have. I just ordered a pair of 12-round mags from GunMag Warehouse for 49.99 + 4.99 shipping. I will also pick up a good DeSantis pocket holster as the one that comes with it is WAY too smooth and comes straight out of the pocket. I tried it with my G42 DeSantis and it worked fine. Again, small but mighty.

Attachments

• 432341963_1200857594225879_6049074839704787920_n.jpg
      432341963_1200857594225879_6049074839704787920_n.jpg
      993.8 KB · Views: 18

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    You guys shooting self defense rounds or JHP with a sharper edge on the fine? I tried some I think 2 different brands and had some issues chambering the next round because it would hang up on the lip of the bullet. FMJ does fine. I just kept those in it. Wondering if it was just my gun or I need to shoot it more to break it in??

Latest posts

Top Bottom