• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1956_4x4

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was looking at a Ruger Gun Site model 6822 yesterday. I've been seriously thinking about getting something in .308 lately. Does anyone have any feedback, be it good or bad, on this rifle?

Smitty

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like my GSR. I put the XS full length rail with peep sight on mine along with a conventional sope; a VXR 2-7.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also look at the Mossberg MVP. It's a bit cheaper and accepts AR mags. Worth a look.

They have excellent reviews, I was reading up on them last week and was impressed. Bud's has them for around $600 or less too.

The Gunsite is supposed to be the only rifle a man will ever need. Very good reviews as well, but a few hundred more ..

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    smitty, i responded to crazydoc68's post re. the mvp. you steted that you wanted something in 308. they are not offered in 308Win. --- sawman

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    i stand corrected. did not know that. wondering what mags the 308 version uses.

but ..... 24 inch bbl ...... ughhhhhh ! ---- sawman

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

1956_4x4

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The MVP Predator with the 18.5" barrel looks pretty good. It's even already threaded. Time to do a little more research since I hadn't even heard about these...

Smitty

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The MVP Predator with the 18.5" barrel looks pretty good. It's even already threaded. Time to do a little more research since I hadn't even heard about these...

Smitty

That's why forums are great! Learn about new stuff everyday. Also look into the ruger American ranch. They are sub 400 dollars with a piccatany rail and free floated barrel and threaded comes in 300BO and 5.56.

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRifleRanch/models.html

Doc

gtmcgeejr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the Mossberg MVP in 308 18" barrel and absolutely love it. I looked at the Ruger but after reading and watching review I selected the MVP. It accepts several AR10 mags and the Ruger only worked with 2 brands. The Mossberg was almost 250 cheaper than the Ruger and that was a great selling point. The only way you can get the MVP with a threaded barrel in 308 is to get the patrol model that has the removable flash hider and iron sights. I don't like iron sights on a rifle of this caliber so I selected the predator model. Groups sub 1" at 100yrds. Also when you look for quality scope mounts any Rem 700 2 piece mount fits. I used Leupold mounts with a 3x9x40 Burris.
    4b01d58bdb78b85d422d0923c0f8d00d.jpg

Last edited:

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a GSR and absolutely love it. It has become my favorite 308. Would highly recommend getting one if the price does not scare you. I put a Leopold Scout Scope on mine.

Idoono

daehawc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The gunsite scout is a great all around rifle. If you want a rifle that fits Col. Coopers concept of the scout, its pretty close. The idea being a rifle that allows the user to quickly and reliably engage a man size target out to the area he can see. They are not benchrest hole punchers but rather a great utility rifle for most all realistic uses.

Down sides, its slightly heavier than Col. Cooper's specs and steel mags are pricey. The polymers can be found for a little cheaper and work just as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom