• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've heard a lot of good things about Ruger's customer service over the years. I've owned a few Rugers but never had to send one in for repair until a couple of weeks ago.

While shooting my 1987 model Ruger MK II pistol the "ears" came off the bolt. Come to find out this is a rare problem since most of the bolts were one-piece, where mine was two-piece.

Called Ruger and they emailed me a Fedex label for shipment on their dime. Sent it off Valentines Day. When they got it the gunsmith at Ruger called me and said that he had exactly one stainless steel bolt for a MK II and there were no more that he knew of, since they haven't been made since 2004. Most of the replacement bolts they install are actually MK III bolts. He said this one had a Ruger "eagle" engraved on the back of the bolt (it's actually a Phoenix from what I understand). He had been saving it for a nice gun and asked if I wanted it. Why of course I do!

After doing a little searching, I've been told this symbol is pretty rare on a MK II bolt, and I couldn't even find a picture of one on the interwebs, so I feel very fortunate.

The best part is that I received the pistol back via Fedex today, one day shy of two weeks since it left. The shipping, parts, and labor did not cost me one red cent except to drive to Fedex to ship it. Pretty good service on a 30 year old pistol that hasn't been in production since 2004.

Well done, Ruger.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a 44 magnum carbine from the 1960s that I bought used. It was beat to hell and back and did not feed well. When I got it back I thought that they had sent me the wrong gun. They reblued, replaced the stock, and replaced every part except the receiver and barrel. No charge. This was in the middle 1970s.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The more I hear about Ruger and the way they do things, the more impressed I am. Sounds like they have been standing tall for a long time, eh?

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awesome thanks for sharing that. Makes me want to get into their GP revolver line more now since they will back their products like that. Cant think of any pistols I would want from Ruger besides a P85 and that is only because they were everywhere in my youth and cant find them anymore these days. I still have to bite the bullet on a Ruger 10/22 as well, takedown version, to teach the kiddos safety and marksmen fundamentals.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dang, that's good to hear.
    I've got several Rugers but never had a problem with any of them.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a couple of Rugers too but I have never had a problem either. Good to know if I do have a problem it will be taken care of with great customer service!

docrust

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My experience in dealing with Ruger when I worked at a gun shop was very positive. In fact when my father was given a "well used" Mk III that had a feeding issue, I had him send it to Ruger straight away. He got it back in about 2 weeks with a list of parts they replaced (for free). Luckily Ruger firearms don't need to go back for repair hardly ever, but if they do, they have awesome service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom