• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right now I'm chilling out waiting to hear back from my Cardiologist, been in an out of fibrillation since last night, so around 18 hours now. Had EMS here last night, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant an ER trip. Normally these issues will resolve themselves, if it gets too erratic my ICD will shock me back into rhythm.

Plus the change up of my meds, has my blood pressure all over the place. Takes a bit for your system to adjust to new meds, smaller dosage of old meds, and the stopping of other meds.

I've come off two meds completely Amiodarone and Lisinopril, my Coreg was reduced from 25 mg to 12.5 mg a day, and started Entresto, that one we are working on the correct dosage for so it might need to be increased.

I'm exhausted since I spent most of the night tossing and turning, trying to find a position that didn't telegraph my erratic heart beat. Been napping off and on since around 0900, between watching TV.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry your feely rough and unrested. I hope it all smooths out soon. Wife's got similar issues but no implant. She can go irregular: races and skips from just eating/drinking something too cold but other things start it too. She's on a twice daily heart med plus blood thinners. It was an ER trip every time until we got a good understanding of it/level. If the now routine onset doesn't self correct in an hour we go in for IV meds which Bay Med Satellite Clinic offers 24/7.

Get well soon.

wvfatboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Hey brother. Take it easy and stay put. I'm in the same shape. When my meds get changed I usually go into fits myself. From pvc's to angina to jaw pain. I've had a heart attack, 17 stents, pacemaker and 4 heart ablations taking 17 pills a day and still not right. Don't let anything excite you (I know that is impossible for me). Watch that blood pressure. It tells a lot !!!!!!

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey brother. Take it easy and stay put. I'm in the same shape. When my meds get changed I usually go into fits myself. From pvc's to angina to jaw pain. I've had a heart attack, 17 stents, pacemaker and 4 heart ablations taking 17 pills a day and still not right. Don't let anything excite you (I know that is impossible for me). Watch that blood pressure. It tells a lot !!!!!!

EMS asked what I was up to when it kicked in. Told them looking for gun parts, he looked at me funny like, and wife said seriously he was looking for a gun part.

A firing pin for a Rolling Block to be exact. Guess I'll have to stop looking at gun parts for a few days.......

wvfatboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    EMS asked what I was up to when it kicked in. Told them looking for gun parts, he looked at me funny like, and wife said seriously he was looking for a gun part.

A firing pin for a Rolling Block to be exact. Guess I'll have to stop looking at gun parts for a few days.......
    Yes you will Sir. Sometimes those gun are too sexy !!!!!!!!!!

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got off the phone with the Cardiologist, they put my Coreg back to the old dosage. Are looking to increase the Entresto dosage. I did a download of my ICD for them to see what is going on. They had an opening this Wednesday which I'm booked for, but said that if it gets worse get to the ER.

Norm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    God bless Sarge...
    I’ve got a prosthetic mitral valve myself. Had since ‘07. Words can’t describe how bad a funky heart rate can be unless you’ve experienced it. Vitamin D, of all things, will make mine start doing cartwheels. Take care of yourself.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you all for the well wishes. My yo-yoing blood pressure, and the fact it's getting so high has caused concern for my Cardiologist team. Prior to changing my medications up, my BP was borderline low or normal, last 10 days its been borderline high and high. My pulse has been bouncing all over the place also, in the last 10 days it's been in the 100's, just a few minutes ago it was 60 on the dot.

I'll keep yall posted and updated as I find out new information. CINC Household said, I can't play with the guns or look for guns and parts until after I see the Cardiologist. Like that is going to happen.......

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right now I'm chilling out waiting to hear back from my Cardiologist, been in an out of fibrillation since last night, so around 18 hours now. Had EMS here last night, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant an ER trip. Normally these issues will resolve themselves, if it gets too erratic my ICD will shock me back into rhythm.

Plus the change up of my meds, has my blood pressure all over the place. Takes a bit for your system to adjust to new meds, smaller dosage of old meds, and the stopping of other meds.

I've come off two meds completely Amiodarone and Lisinopril, my Coreg was reduced from 25 mg to 12.5 mg a day, and started Entresto, that one we are working on the correct dosage for so it might need to be increased.

I'm exhausted since I spent most of the night tossing and turning, trying to find a position that didn't telegraph my erratic heart beat. Been napping off and on since around 0900, between watching TV.
    [/QUOTE

Well Sarge, take care of yourself. I have the same condition but luckily I have had no trouble whatsoever. I had a couple of shocks when I first had the thing put in but they got it fixed. It makes the shock a welding machine gives not even blink an eye. It's life saving technology. Good luck!

Sam Mullins

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    DEAR ADONAI ABBA FATHER ELOHIM OUR CREATOR IN HEAVEN POUR OUT YOUR LOVE GRACE MERCY STRENGTH PROTECTION RENEWAL COMFORT HEALING VICTORY AND PEACE FOR SARGE.
    IN THE NAME OF YESHUA HAMASHIACH JESUS OUR RISEN REDEEMER ETERNAL SAVIOR AND LOVING MESSIAH WE PRAY AMEN ...

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Oh tell me, I'm on my 3rd ICD. First one shocked my ass at least 5 times a year. Second one never shocked me, but I broke the lead, so new lead and ICD at the same time. Third and current one, has never shocked me either.

I hated getting shocked, but it's better then the alternative......

Got my first ICD in Jul 2006 at age 39.......Hard to imagine being so damn young and active and getting one, I had my "Widow Maker" heart attack on 24 Nov 2002 at age 35 , just before what would have been my 3rd deployment since 9-11.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh tell me, I'm on my 3rd ICD. First one shocked my ass at least 5 times a year. Second one never shocked me, but I broke the lead, so new lead and ICD at the same time. Third and current one, has never shocked me either.

I hated getting shocked, but it's better then the alternative......

Got my first ICD in Jul 2006 at age 39.......Hard to imagine being so damn young and active and getting one, I had my "Widow Maker" heart attack on 24 Nov 2002 at age 35 , just before what would have been my 3rd deployment since 9-11.

Wow, that was young. I got mine when I was 67, had it for 2 years. Never had a heart attack or even high blood pressure. Went to doctor with what I though was appendicitis, my guts hurt me. Why gut pains instead of heart pains I'll never know but they caught it and a few days later I was a bionic man. Yes, it beats stage 4 cancer by a long shot.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Well, the prices alone are enough to drive bp up with any of us that have sense... :rolleyes:

Hope you get better. I had a really bad case of high bp over my norm for about 2.5 years.

Then I dumped that crazy bitch and all was back to normal. :cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom