• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KHunt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m sure this has been covered at some point but I’m new here. I’m looking for a quality tactical rifle / pistol course in the panhandle area. Any help is appreciated.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you're serious about real training void of a bunch of tactical range theatrics, I run a small training operation just east of Tallahassee off I-10 on a secluded private property range.

Two-day Carbine/Pistol with just about anything a serious training class would include. The cost to attend my classes of this type is $150.00.

I have had such a successful repeat ratio I went to a half-off policy some years back for repeat attendees. I lost my web site last year so I can't refer you to it for research on student feedback or instructor credentials.

I currently have private group classes scheduled for Feb 3/4; March 2/3; and March 16/17 that I might be able to slip you into if you're interested in something that soon.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously, go with Bowhntr6pt. Don't think that because it's super affordable the content is lacking. I've been to $600 classes that didn't offer what he's offering for 150, and I've been to a lot of schools (a lot, lot of schools).

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If you're serious about real training void of a bunch of tactical range theatrics, I run a small training operation just east of Tallahassee off I-10 on a secluded private property range.

Two-day Carbine/Pistol with just about anything a serious training class would include. The cost to attend my classes of this type is $150.00.

I have had such a successful repeat ratio I went to a half-off policy some years back for repeat attendees. I lost my web site last year so I can't refer you to it for research on student feedback or instructor credentials.

I currently have private group classes scheduled for Feb 3/4; March 2/3; and March 16/17 that I might be able to slip you into if you're interested in something that soon.
    Quick question would these be classes recognized by nra to use as CE for my LE instructor credentials (have to have 24 per 3 year period).

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They should count towards the NRA certs. I have two NRA certifications I have to keep up (select-fire and patrol rifle) and when I called for some clarification I was told pretty much any handgun/rifle course should do, but it had to be from a school/instructor that was legit and easily searchable so they could verify it for auditing purposes.

Edit: IIRC you can use 8 hours from an armorer’s course towards your 24 as well.

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They should count towards the NRA certs. I have two NRA certifications I have to keep up (select-fire and patrol rifle) and when I called for some clarification I was told pretty much any handgun/rifle course should do, but it had to be from a school/instructor that was legit and easily searchable either so they could verify it for auditing purposes.

Edit: IIRC you can use 8 hours from an armorer’s course towards your 24 as well.

"Legit"? Well, that leaves me out...lol.

griff2021

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

If you would like help with the website, let me know. I'd be happy to help and am knowledgeable in that arena. What happened to it?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you would like help with the website, let me know. I'd be happy to help and am knowledgeable in that arena. What happened to it?

Thanks but I'm starting the process of shutting things down. Interest isn't as consistent as it once was and cancellations continue to be an issue. Ammo cost and availability isn't helping.

I had a good long run... I'm satisfied. This was never about making money, my course costs show that... it was about meeting people, making connections, training, and becoming better myself... I accomplished all of that.

Basically my web guy got apathetical and the lease ran out. I got tired of trying to get him to do anything so I gave up.

RVGuru

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Thanks but I'm starting the process of shutting things down. Interest isn't as consistent as it once was and cancellations continue to be an issue. Ammo cost and availability isn't helping.

I had a good long run... I'm satisfied. This was never about making money, my course costs show that... it was about meeting people, making connections, training, and becoming better myself... I accomplished all of that.

Basically my web guy got apathetical and the lease ran out. I got tired of trying to get him to do anything so I gave up.
    Are you still running the April class?

Top Bottom