• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This is in re. to the member "captainamerica" and my 9mm that I have for sale on this forum.

* 4/15 at 1610 he PM'ed me and stated ....."Still have it ? I'd like to buy."
    * 4/15 at1631 I pm'ed him back and stated ..... "Still got it. Please post I'll take it on the forum followed by a phone call to me at 850-554-XXXX. Thanks --- B

He called me and set up a meet the next day at 1800. While on my way to the meet(at 1718) with the ammo, he text me and stated ..... "Not gonna make it sorry".

He has since not attempted to contact me. Bad buyer,good buyer ?? You make the determination. Just stating the facts as they happened.

NOTE : IMO..... a man is only as good as his word. --- SAWMAN

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He made a purchase from me on 4/15. He texted me and we met 30 min later, he was on time and polite. Paid cash. He is a young guy, seemed OK to me.

I would be upset if I had gone out of my way and he didn't show....I'm with you on "a man is only as good as his word."

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    10-4 Champ.....thanks.

My above is not (classified by me) as a extreme negative feedback,slam,etc. The man could have had some problem that was unforeseen. Fine ... I understand that shit does(in fact) happen. However,it has been 6 days without even a call. I did not want,do not want,or even figure that I am owed and explanation(especially if the reason is of a personal nature). HOWEVER ......... a simple call to say that he was sorry for the "mixup" and that he does/does not still want the ammo would have gained a little respect from me. NOW ............................. ? --- SAWMAN

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only thing I would ask is a phone call instead of text. Hate the damn things and they are so impersonal. And shit does happen.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'm with snow bird if you ain't got the respect to call someone. But hey that's me I would rather talk to someone you can find out a lot by just talking to someone.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm an old fart too, like calls, but if you want to deal with everyone, better be ready to text.......

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do text but it's just short ones to friends. Like where in the hell are you? T time was 10 min ago. Besies you arent suposed to text while driving. I would guess that means inbound or outbound.

Edit. My son does it and I am on his ass about it all the time. He's old enough to know better.

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A man has his word. Beyond that, notta... As stated, seems like a fella would at least tell you to gfy or something.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ehh.. At least he didnt leave you hanging there with your dick in your hand

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I text people most of the time on here only because Im usaully stuck at work and I never know when Im getting off.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For me.......text is fine. HOWEVER please include your name with the text or PM. I really hate to call or text someone and start off by saying......."hey doooode,are you like the guy that is like selling/wants to buy the like, blah,blah,blah" ........... Yeah I know ...BUT... seems that most of the time I have to communicate at the dooooode's level. DAMN !!! ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom