• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bud50

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since my 2nd job will not allow ANY kind of weapon carry on-premises (well, neither will my main job) while on duty, I've elected to carry a retractable baton. I have had punks walk in, see it and walk out. Others have asked, why do I carry it? To which I reply, they won't let me carry my pistol and it breaks bones every where I touch. It generally keeps folks behaving in the store.

By the way, stay away from the springy versions, they stink; the tubular versions are much more sturdy. Also, don't strike above the shoulders, avoid the neck and head!

This has been MORE effective than carrying my K-BAR within the store!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Welcome to the GCGF. While your post is good info, it's in the wrong area.
    Unless you have a retractable baton for sale.

If so, you're missing a lot of required details. :)

Good luck at your job. Too bad you have so many "punks" frequenting it that you need visible deterent.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also be advised in many states a baton is considered a deadly weapon and a permit to carry one is required.

Some states Concealed carry permits cover a baton in other states you need a dangerous weapons permit and in some states you will need to have a permit from the town you are carrying it in.

So be sure to be aware of regulations concerning carrying a baton before you do so.

The main reason laws came on to the books years back concerning batons was the huge use of tire irons and wooden batons with lead in the centers. During the 1970s & 1980s PR-24 batons become very popular especially with LEO for crowd control.

Also in many states they require you go through a 8hr training coarse.

Not up to date on what Florida or Alabama have for laws on the books about baton carry but if your carrying one Know the laws.

Top Bottom