APOD Firearms

Resident Evil Fans: Assemble! Resident Evil Video Games general thread. Post your favorite(s) and discuss here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    As the thread title states, this is the official Gulf Coast Gun Forum Resident Evil Discussion Thread. Ignore all other threads.

Resident Evil (original, and imo the best one) is a 1996 survival horror game developed and published by Capcom for the PlayStation. It is the first game in Capcom's Resident Evil franchise. Players control Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine, members of the elite task force S.T.A.R.S., who must escape a mansion infested with zombies and other monsters.

Resident Evil was conceived by the producer Tokuro Fujiwara as a remake of his 1989 horror game Sweet Home (1989). It was directed by Shinji Mikami. It went through several redesigns, first as Super NES game in 1993, then a fully 3D first-person PlayStation game in 1994 and finally a third-person game. Gameplay consists of action, exploration, puzzle solving and inventory management. Resident Evil established many conventions seen later in the series, and in other survival horror games, including the inventory system, save system, and use of a vitals-monitoring system instead of a health counter.

Resident Evil was praised for its graphics, gameplay, sound, and atmosphere, although it received criticism for its writing and voice acting. It was an international best-seller, and became the highest selling PlayStation game at the time. By December 1997, it had sold about 4 million copies worldwide and had grossed more than $200,000,000 (equivalent to $373,000,000 in 2022).

Resident Evil is often cited as one of the best video games ever created, It is credited with defining the survival horror genre and with returning zombies to popular culture, leading to a renewed interest in zombie films by the 2000s. It created a franchise including video games, films, comics, novels, and other merchandise. It has been ported to Sega Saturn, Windows and Nintendo DS. In 2002, a Resident Evil remake was released for the GameCube and ported to other platforms in 2015. A sequel, Resident Evil 2, was released in 1998, and a prequel, Resident Evil Zero, in 2002.

So, for those interested, post your favorites and discuss.

Shaqw427

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Played them all up to 7. Resident Evil, the original back on PS1 is still my favorite. The music, camera angles, and horrible acting. Loved every bit of it. Also introduced and fostered my love for the Beretta 92 which is still my favorite handgun today.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Played them all up to 7. Resident Evil, the original back on PS1 is still my favorite. The music, camera angles, and horrible acting. Loved every bit of it. Also introduced and fostered my love for the Beretta 92 which is still my favorite handgun today.
    Nambu and cz75b!

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What an awesome and iconic game. I only played the original back in the day but some of the moments are still memorable. The hallway when the dogs bust through the windows scared the shit out of me and even the ridiculously long loading screen at every door is nostalgic. Almost got the village but people are beading in like 8 hours aren’t they?

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    What an awesome and iconic game. I only played the original back in the day but some of the moments are still memorable. The hallway when the dogs bust through the windows scared the shit out of me and even the ridiculously long loading screen at every door is nostalgic. Almost got the village but people are beading in like 8 hours aren’t they?
    It's because of speed-running. You can take your time and enjoy the game. I cleared my first play through in like 20 hours.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This isn't RE related but I just wanted to mention that they recently remastered Quake 2 and there are actually people playing multiplayer. Just played a few matches on The Edge, so much fun.

Top Bottom