Patriot Mobile

Renewing concealed weapons permit during COVID?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiekiller

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have any of y’all had to renew your permit during this insanity? If so, what steps did you have to take to get it done? I’m nearing my renewal date (2021) and am wondering about how much of a hassle it’s going to be to get it renewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife did hers OnLine. Only problem was attaching a current Photo. You start on the DoAg site, fill out data as requested, you take the pic BUT then it routes you tp another sight to adjust the pic to passport size, crop photo so the right amount you in the pic, it can't be too many pixels or it won't accept it. Were not real tech savvy so that took several attempts and almost an hour! Everything else was smooth.

hound_dog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I done mine at molino tax office. Made an appointment online for the following day. Walked out with my renewal 15 mins later. This was a month ago.

zombiekiller

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks to both of you! I’m glad to know it’s not a COMPLETE fuster cluck.

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did mine online. Only issue I had was when I updated my address I did not realize there was another block for Shipping address. The replacement card went to my old address.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pay attention to your expiration date. I've always been told, and it says on the dept of ag website, that they will mail you a renewal form a few months before your license expiration date. Mine expires today, and I can assure you that I have not received anything from them in the mail.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Pay attention to your expiration date. I've always been told, and it says on the dept of ag website, that they will mail you a renewal form a few months before your license expiration date. Mine expires today, and I can assure you that I have not received anything from them in the mail.
    I would get to the molino tag office asap. Other threads have noted they are taking permits and that location is easier to work with than others. I drive out of my way to go there.

hound_dog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never recieved anything either, if it wasn't for Nate telling me it expired in 3 days when i was picking up my gun i would have never known. Scheduled an appt in Molino for the next day.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

My wife's expired without notice recently as well. No notice or anything. Checked to make sure they had the right address and they did. They didn't have an explanation as to why we didn't receive a renewal notice etc... The biggest problem we had renewing online was the fact that they want a tracking number that's on the paper renewal paperwork. Without that, we couldn't get passed step one online.

Finally got through to a human on the phone after two days of 45 min waits and getting hung up on, we had the tracking number needed to renew online.

Once we had that, it was just going through the steps and pages online. When we got the email receipt after completion, it said to expect 45 days for the application to be worked and to receive the card in the mail.

Step one online shown in the picture below.

CCW.jpg

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Have any of y’all had to renew your permit during this insanity? If so, what steps did you have to take to get it done? I’m nearing my renewal date (2021) and am wondering about how much of a hassle it’s going to be to get it renewed.

I simply went to the dmv... waited fifteen minutes,got a new pic. paid my fee. and Viola...DONE.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Filed for renewal on 5 October online and received new CCW 13 October. An eight day turnaround not bad

Top Bottom