• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • suppo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sako Forrester L579 .243 cal and 117 rounds of ammo (about $150.00 worth of ammo today). 24 inch bbl. Ser # puts mfg about 1971. Excellent condition. This rifle was my fathers and he probably put less than 100 rds through it. I have put about 50 through it. Comes with both 30 mm and 1 inch Sako style scope rings. $1050.00 (rifle and ammo only, scope not included.

Last edited:

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a couple Sakos and have to say, the fit and finish on these is second to none. Whoever buys this will NOT be disappointed. GLWS

suppo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I double checked and there are no holes drilled in the barrel and none that I can see in the receiver. Scope mounts (30mm) still on, but I don't think they are covering any holes.

suppo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FYI - many of these came with a rear peep site which mounted on the dovetail scope mount. Those were not drilled and tapped for another rear sight.
    This is also what I have been told. I have also heard many are missing the OEM rear sight because it was removed to mount a scope and put in a "safe" place for later reattachment.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    FYI - many of these came with a rear peep site which mounted on the dovetail scope mount. Those were not drilled and tapped for another rear sight.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Another forum member also mentioned that. I'm not at all experienced with different rifle makers. I have a couple that I've hunted with over the years and that's about it. Sako is such a cut above many others makes that it didn't make sense that they would go through the expense of putting on a front sight if they didn't intend to also have a rear sight.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This one is about $80 now with 2 bids and Ending in 3 hrs, another one with buy it now price for $100

The 1” rings look to be redfield and different than ones on rifle

Last edited:

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is this a Bofors rifle? If so it will say Bofors Steel on the barrel. It is usually found just above the receiver on the action side. Also DuckYou was correct in his statement. I have three Finnwolfs and non of them have a rear site. Two came with peepsites though. I’m a the self proclaimed resident Sako Fag... I have several of their rifles..

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is also what I have been told. I have also heard many are missing the OEM rear sight because it was removed to mount a scope and put in a "safe" place for later reattachment.
    The peep sight came in two versions a newer and older version if I get a chance to date I'll take a picture and post them
    Is this a Bofors rifle? If so it will say Bofors Steel on the barrel. It is usually found just above the receiver on the action side. Also DuckYou was correct in his statement. I have three Finnwolfs and non of them have a rear site. Two came with peepsites though. I’m a the self proclaimed resident Sako Fag... I have several of their rifles..
    What caliber are your Finn wolf

suppo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No Bofors marking on the Barrel. Not surprised though, according to what I've read, they stop using these after about '68. Th ser.# on this rifle puts it about '71.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a BLR in .243 Bought it in about 1985 or so. Killed my biggest deer with it and a couple of Antelope in NM
    Sako rifles are top notch, especially the older ones like this one.

Top Bottom