• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is amazing to me that this gun began production in 1909( Second gun in picture) And was produced until 1936 when it was replaced by the model 121.( Third gun in picture). Right now this model 12 is probably my favorite carry gun, Not necessarily hunting just walking in the woods. It is so small and handy yet it fits you good. The model 121 is basically the same gun but the lawyers made them beef it up Because of the new High velocity 22 long Rifle Ammunition on the market.And for some reason about this time in history all the manufacturers decided they had to have 24 inch barrels.( The Winchester model 61 at the bottom of the picture is for comparison. It began manufacturing in 1932. It is amazing how similar these 2 guns are on the outside, On the inside they are nothing alike.) The gun at the top of the picture is a model 25 chamber in 25-20 WCF , Another short handy gun that I love to carry But I cringe every time I pull the trigger because I know I have lost something that will be hard to replace. Forgive me for my rambling I'm just stuck inside because of the rain and decided to wipe off a few guns.
    20240125_124243.jpg

R1matt61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had 2 remington models 12's, one was a round barrel, the other was an octagon barrel. I regret selling both of them. After over a century they still shot straight and true before I sold them.

Top Bottom