• ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remington Breakup Plan Filed
    by American Hunter Staff - Monday, September 28, 2020

Remington Breakup Plan Filed

Although it won’t be formalized until approved at a hearing scheduled tomorrow (Tuesday, September 29) in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama, the breakup plan for Remington was filed yesterday. Barring something unforeseen, Remington and its associated companies will be divided among Ruger; Vista Outdoor; Roundhill Group, LLC; Sierra Bullets; Sportsman’s Warehouse; Franklin Armory, and JJE Capital. Remington’s Lonoke, Arkansas, ammunition business will go to Vista Outdoor (with SIG Sauer as a backup bid), Sierra Bullets will acquire the Barnes Ammunition interests, Ruger will acquire Marlin, Franklin Armory will assume the Bushmaster brand (and related assets), JJE Capital Holdings will assume DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands, and Sportsman’s Warehouse will acquire the Tapco brand. Check back at americanhunter.org for any later developments.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    WOW !! The existing companies are certinly doing the "Carolina Two Step". Grabbing for the proverbial "good deals".
    For me - -> good to see some,not to good to see others. After all this is finalized,I will expect to see more companies shuffle the deck. --- SAWMAN

ESPTyler

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is a shame. Another great American Company going away!! The Italians took the shotgun market away and Remington stuck with old products too long. "Classic" has its place but technology also matters. I hope someone continues the 870 because it is a great gun. The 1100 and all its relatives are OK but way behind the Italians.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a shame. Another great American Company going away!! The Italians took the shotgun market away and Remington stuck with old products too long. "Classic" has its place but technology also matters. I hope someone continues the 870 because it is a great gun. The 1100 and all its relatives are OK but way behind the Italians.
    Remington did not fail because it products were old or out dated. Their new pistol got a poor reputation relative to reliability. An old standby like the 336 marlin in the beginning were terrible. I saw one come into a gunsmith's shop that could not be sighted in due to it shooting much higher than the iron sights could be adjusted to.
    Basically money men type executives that did not understand the manufacture of precision products tried to run diverse businesses under one house. They moved the marlin plant and did not manage take to all of the production technology to the new plant. Blue prints are not enough to produce a rifle. The fixtures and the exact processes used must be part of the line. You need the same workers and same equipment for things to work right. If you do not have that a learning period will be needed until the product is right.
    There is always a market for well regarded traditional products.
    When it come to handling and shooting, well made 336 in .35 remington will have a sweet spot for me.
    I wonder how marlin will fair under Ruger.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I too wonder how Marlin will fair under Ruger. I've been a fan of Marlin since my days as a teenager walking the train tracks with my Marlin 60. When Remington took over Marlin I learned quickly the Remington Marlin product was terrible. I own a Marlin 308 MXLR made by Remington I had to send back because the barrel was not lined up correctly with the receiver, didn't realize it until I couldn't sight the gun in with a Leupold VX-3 Scope on it. I could never get better than 5 inches from the bullseye before I ran out of adjustments & then I looked down the barrel and saw the problem. Luckily it was still under warranty and they fixed it under warranty. I also ordered my son a Marlin 30-30 made by Remington, you could hardly cycle the lever on it, had to be bent or something. Sent that back and they fixed that too. I just can't figure out how they made it past final inspection before they sent them out, they certainly didn't shoot either one.

After those two experiences with the Remington Marlin products I started visiting pawn shops and buying up several JM Marlin's not made by Remington to add to my collection and I now have a pretty good collection of them. Yesterday my scope for the new to me Marlin 336 in .35 Remington arrived, I'll be putting that scope on tonight and taking it to MS to get it sighted in and ready for deer season.

Ruger has always been my second favorite gun manufacturer after the original Marlin so I find it Ironic that they will take over Marlin. My experience with Ruger leaves me no doubt Ruger will do better with the Marlin product than Remington did. Of course Remington didn't set the bar too high.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is who did it. They likely will try to milk every asset that they can and then abandoned it.

Round Hill Capital
    Founded in 2002, Round Hill Capital is a vertically integrated real estate investment, development and asset management firm leading the way in the real estate accommodation sector

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More on it. It seems the holding company that bought the Remington plant is actually owned by the CEO of Remington. So this CEO that through poor management drove the company into bankruptcy, then rebuys the company possibly for pennies on the dollar and fires all of employees absolving the company of all of those debts. Their union and it appears a local congressman are not happy with that.

Top Bottom