• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    I suspect that the above mentioned trigger has been pounced on by the gun recall people. It is now OOS. An alternative to it is another Timney(#579114 at Midway)for $135'ish. --- SAWMAN

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    I suspect that the above mentioned trigger has been pounced on by the gun recall people. It is now OOS. An alternative to it is another Timney(#579114 at Midway)for $135'ish. --- SAWMAN

That is why I went with the Calvin Elite, all the Jewel triggers sold out. It cost about $215.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Issued repair numbers logged in for repair...04/30/14
    Firearm/part shipped.................................06/05/14
    308 is being shipped...still waiting for 300BLK....at least I have one coming back.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Issued repair numbers logged in for repair...04/30/14
    Firearm/part shipped.................................06/05/14
    308 is being shipped...still waiting for 300BLK....at least I have one coming back.
    Thats not too bad! Just shipped mine out today.....we will see.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Want to here something funny you know my guns are coming back....and only now I receive my "official" Remington recall notice in the mail today. Is something broke here.....go figure. Well at least now if the gun blows up in my face everything is documented and the better half will be set for life!!!!!!

olecarver

Master
    Gotta love the older gents who sell off these older 700s,,,,,, Im good to go.. An almost traded it off 2 years ago.. But Im glad to be in a forum with gents who watch out for one another on these safety issues.. Thanks much Tom the olecarver

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Update, UPS delivered my 308 last night and after inspecting I found no apparent damage to the scope that I had left in place. The trigger has a punch mark on the bottom indicating repairs were completed due to recall. I am very happy with the response time with the repairs and shipping process however not so happy with the "notification" of recall from Remington. Since Crazydoc68s first post indicating there was a recall I'm just wondering how long it would have taken to receive my official notice from Remington. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this notification problem or issues with the return. Also, UPS is delivering my 300BLK today so this post may change after inspection....hopefully not...good luck to all that choose to return.

Thanks
    Ken

Marquezj16

Marksman
    After following your post, I decided to send mine in. I'm taking my scope off though. Waiting on the box to come in. I hope it comes back as good as a shooter as it was before.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Either way with or without scope I believe sending your gun back for repair is the right thing to do. At least you will have a weapon that was looked at by and repaired by a qualified person. I don't think Remington wouldn't have been in business as long as they have by doing crappy repair work to their customers' firearms. I have not been able to shoot due to a hand injury but I feel confident that it will shoot 1/2" groups as before. I guess as soon as I'm able to shoot again I will post a few pictures of groupings. Good Luck All!!!!!!!!!!

155SprtFsh

Banned
    10-4

Remington says as of April 9th, 2014 they’ve begun performing corrective action on rifles that have yet to be shipped. You can tell if you’re looking at a properly built trigger and rifle by the presence of a punch mark (above) on the bolt release. Rifles that are returned to customers will also have the punch mark that confirms the rifle has been inspected and cleaned.

Just Dave

Marksman
    I logged in to their site after learning my rifle was affected. I got an email acknowledgement. It has been almost 4 weeks since they said they would send me the shipping boxes. Nothing... I'm thinking an aftermarket trigger is the way to go, if I want to hunt with it this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom