• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ares

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At the advice given I'm going to start a new thread.

I now have another question. Lets say I've found a great deal on a Remington 700, and lets say I would like to build it up a bit. The question is, can I simply replace the stock and add a heavy barrel, or do I need to do anything else to take it out to around 5 or 600 yards?

I am sure we have some guys in here that have no idea of a budget when it comes to their hobbies. This is going to built on a budget. As previously stated I was looking for something around $500, I'm sure I probably won't be able to stay at that mark without some careful planning. With that being said, be gentle. Thanks again. You guys always have the best answers.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Buy a used SPS and glass it into a laminate stock. Little trigger work and you have a great entry level platform for 600-650$. Then mounts, rings and scope. There's the money. Lol. Let me know if you need pointers on glassing it in. I've done 2 or 3 of them.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Afa replacing the barrel ..on a 500$ budget that just ain't feasible. Think 250-300 for the short chambered tube of a decent pedigree then gunsmith time to fit and headspace. You're 4-500$ rifle is now about 8-900$. Just my experience.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    5-600 for a 700 is nothing. I know you could do it in the stock form. Ive done it.
    As MOA said, glassing it would be my 1st choice. Or a chassis, but you said "budget". [rolleyes]

Rings/base=$300ish.
    Good scope=My fav right now is the SWFA 12x for $299. As soon as Nationals I am replacing my 10X on mine now.
    Ive gone out to 1K with my 700.
    And it was done on a budget. With lots of help from MOA, JJ, and a lot of horse trading.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom