• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hsif der

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been wanting to become a better shooter with my SBH. I have been successful taking hogs but I would like to ditch the rifle next year and carry my SBH all season and hopefully kill a deer with it. I leave a lot to be desired shooting open sights so I have finally decided to get a red dot. I like the red dot for target acquisition

Does any of y'all have any experience with red dots on BFR's? I have been looking at the aimpoint micro but not sure I want to spend $600. Any suggestions?

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a 80$ red dot on a 450 bushmaster and it jarred it to pieces. I dont think a cheaper one would hold up for long on a kickin black hawk. No telling though

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    primary arms has their red dots that have gotten great reviews. I have one on a S&W 629 right now that's held up very well, prices vary but most are under $150. Then there's the Vortex sparc that's also had great reviews and is under $200. I have one on an AR and I really like it. Other than that there's not much else out there in that style.

There's the longer style red dot scopes that a lot of competition handgunners use. I can't remember what they call then but simmons and bushnell make a version or two of them and they are usually around $200 or less.

Hsif der

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do y'all like the red dot vs a scope? I'm not looking for pin point accuracy. I'm looking for quick target as I tend to jump shoot hogs in the swamp and it seems like the best choice.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put a Nikon pistol scope on a S&W 629 and my arms were too long. No way to get the eye relief right without pulling the gun back towards my face. Can't shoot .44 Mag maximum loads when you have to hold it like a girl. I'm sure it would work fine for someone with shorter arms.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I put a Nikon pistol scope on a S&W 629 and my arms were too long. No way to get the eye relief right without pulling the gun back towards my face. Can't shoot .44 Mag maximum loads when you have to hold it like a girl. I'm sure it would work fine for someone with shorter arms.

same for me with a simmons 4x32 on a blackhawk. couldnt hold it right and see. plus a scope just dont look right to me on a revolver.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put a Trijicon RMR-07 with a 9moa red dot on my FN57 the beauty of this site is that you have multiple settings of brightness and the battery life is phenomenal enough that you can leave it on and not worry about the battery going down.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put a Trijicon RMR-07 with a 9moa red dot on my FN57 the beauty of this site is that you have multiple settings of brightness and the battery life is phenomenal enough that you can leave it on and not worry about the battery going down.

I was going to suggest an trijicon RMR too, I have a few with the triangle reticle that are battery free dual illuminated models and I love them.

Top Bottom