• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmm1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd go holosun. Messed around with the cheap sig on the 365xl my ex had and wasn't impressed personally. Run holosuns on two of my carry rigs, one primary arms and one steiner
    Appreciate it. Thanks for your insight

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Appreciate it. Thanks for your insight
    The primary arms is one of the classic that is still in what I like to call the testing phase before it goes full carry. The 407c and 507c I have faith in. 407c I ran on a czp10s and shot 238 out of 240 on the G requal course of fire messing around.

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Sorry for the long post but here goes:

My first P365 was bought 1 month after the release date in 2018. Had it milled out a week later for the Shield RMSc. This P365 has 6k rounds through it (daily carry, several classes, etc.). Ran the RMSc for about 2 years. First RMSc, the lens had a chip so sent it in and got it repaired under warranty. Both of them didn't have glass lens since they weren't available yet at that time. Moved to the RomeoZero for about 6 months, hated the the auto adjust and how fragile the polymer housing felt. Transitioned to the Holosuns 507k/407k for the glass lens (easier cleaning, thicker housing, etc.). All of my P365s have Holosuns on them now. Also, had the RMRcc on a p365 but hated that it had different footprints from the others.

I do like the new Romeo X series. Seem well built and I'll probably try one out one day. The Holosuns are best bang for the buck IMHO. 407k is fine. Have several 507k, 507c units on my other guns and none of them are on the bigger 32 moa dot. Yes, the bigger dots are easier to pick up at first but you'll probably change it to the smaller dot once you have more time on it.

ETA: The Holosuns EPS series are also very nice. Definitely take a look at them. Either way, I personally would stay away from the Romeo Zeros IMHO. Good luck.

Last edited:

bmm1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sorry for the long post but here goes:

My first P365 was bought 1 month after the release date in 2018. Had it milled out a week later for the Shield RMSc. This P365 has 6k rounds through it (daily carry, several classes, etc.). Ran the RMSc for about 2 years. First RMSc, the lens had a chip so sent it in and got it repaired under warranty. Both of them didn't have glass lens since they weren't available yet at that time. Moved to the RomeoZero for about 6 months, hated the the auto adjust and how fragile the polymer housing felt. Transitioned to the Holosuns 507k/407k for the glass lens (easier cleaning, thicker housing, etc.). All of my P365s have Holosuns on them now. Also, had the RMRcc on a p365 but hated that it had different footprints from the others.

I do like the new Romeo X series. Seem well built and I'll probably try one out one day. The Holosuns are best bang for the buck IMHO. 407k is fine. Have several 507k, 507c units on my other guns and none of them are on the bigger 32 moa dot. Yes, the bigger dots are easier to pick up at first but you'll probably change it to the smaller dot once you have more time on it.

ETA: The Holosuns EPS series are also very nice. Definitely take a look at them. Either way, I personally would stay away from the Romeo Zeros IMHO. Good luck.
    Great imput. Thank you for your insight

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Might want to look at Cyelee. I have two of them and so far so good. Very inexpensive.

billrv

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've had real good luck with the Holosun EPS Carry I am hard on stuff...I prefer the red circle and dot

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I was looking at the romeo zero because of price point and being edc. I dont want to go high end because of fear of damage while working.
    Give me a week and I will have a ROMEOZERO (in FDE) available to sell cheap. It will even come with a fresh battery. I am replacing it with a RMRcc that I have had for a while. I ordered an adapter plate and optic height sights for it too.

bmm1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Give me a week and I will have a ROMEOZERO (in FDE) available to sell cheap. It will even come with a fresh battery. I am replacing it with a RMRcc that I have had for a while. I ordered an adapter plate and optic height sights for it toi g

Give me a week and I will have a ROMEOZERO (in FDE) available to sell cheap. It will even come with a fresh battery. I am replacing it with a RMRcc that I have had for a while. I ordered an adapter plate and optic height sights for it too.
    Thank you i greatly appreciate it. Merry Christmas brother.

condoor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you ever get a red dot? I'm curious what you went with. Not sure if it has been mentioned or not but a Holosun EPS Carry should be on your list as well.

bmm1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Did you ever get a red dot? I'm curious what you went with. Not sure if it has been mentioned or not but a Holosun EPS Carry should be on your list as well.
    Yes i did. I got a sig romeozero for a great price from one of the members on the forum. Price was great functions well and meets the needs for my edc work gun. Being as im on construction sites all day with debris dirt etc it worked out great.

Top Bottom