• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Over the last few years I've shot a lot less also. First because my wife got badly sick and we were taking the 5+ hour ride to the hospital in Gainesville every 3 weeks, took lots of time and money over the first 3 years of her illness. Now she's doing good but ammo prices are keeping me away from the range too often. I do have a few thousand rounds of most of the calibers I have but don't want to go through it too quickly.

That being said I got into (or more correctly, back into) airguns a few years ago and shoot plenty with them. Good quality ammo is very cheap and fairly plentiful. One of the great things about them is whenever I have a half hour or more I can go outside and shoot. I also have 2 lower powered models that I can shoot in the house on rainy days. I've been amazed at the accuracy out of a few of my guns. One hole 5 shot groups are common. Maybe I just haven't spent enough on my regular firearms but I don't have anything that comes close to the airguns when It comes to accuracy.

Sounds like you need more old Marlin rifles ;)

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a mid '70's or so Model 60 thats pretty accurate but it can't do what some of my airguns do. Take a look at my post here: https://gulfcoastgunforum.com/threads/air-venturi-avenger.62806/post-542853
    to see what one of the airguns can do pretty much all the time, if I'm up to it.

The 60 is good, but due to the tube mag, unless you pillar bed it, one-hole groups
    will be elusive. A DIP Trigger/guard combo is also a great addition.
    The 795 or 7000 (Heavy Barrel version) is box-mag fed, usually excellent out of the box,
    but also responds well to the DIP trigger/guard & Pillar Bedding. Takes it from being
    a Dadgum Good rifle to a Holy Squish! kind of rifle ;)

Mike's had a red, white & blue Marlin 7000 Biathalon a few weeks ago,
    but some smart rascal probably grabbed it already...those usually don't need any
    upgrading at all other than the Pro-mag 25-rd mags ;)

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Shooting less but not by much. Stocked up when things were good and still find good deals now and then that I pick up on.

Top Bottom