DK Firearms

Rail strike ! Fixing to get bad folks, PREPARE !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Well I own a diesel dually and am tired of paying for fuel. Isn't diesel cheaper to produce than gas? They charge so much because everything that gets transported is typically using a diesel engine!!
    Yep I heard diesel is actually cheaper than gas to produce too. Somebody else said it's even some sort of by-product, so basically free to produce. Ok I'm no chemist, but what in the world are we doing spending so much?! Government lets the oil companies rape us because the suits in DC get kick backs. Like natural gas is rediculously cheap too. America is the Saudi Arabia of natural gas, and we just burn it off in 30 foot tall flames at the wells, because there is nowhere to store it all. I've seen the flames at the wells myself, in Alabama

I did read somewhere last year or so that rail transportation is still by far the most economical means of transporting goods long distance, even with all the fuel those engines use

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I'd just assume delete the whole thing but y'all would scream communism...so here we are
    pretty easy to begin a new thread, 1st post would be the first one to veer off topic, then add the others, it is a hybrid monster right now...

rails, diesel, abortion, personal testimonies, all off topic, but worthY of discussion imo

Last edited:

ccc

Master
    I see on the news this morning that it is not yet a done deal...avoiding the strike...seems it has to be a unanimous decision from the various unions involved
    We all know the “It will never happen bunch” they are the ones sitting on 4 .22 rounds complaining about the price of ammo, while us “chicken little” guys build cabins with fully loaded ammo crates. :)

Raven

Master
    Before somebody says there's not room on this planet for an extra 43,000,000 babies every year... There is a whole other continent the size of North America called Antarctica that is 99.9% uninhabited. Oh and 90% of Russia and Canada is currently uninhabited. Every man, woman and child currently in the continental United States could live comfortably just in the one state of Texas, and Alaska is 2.5 times the size of Texas and like 90% uninhabited. God said go forth, till the land, be fruitful and multiply!

View attachment 185299
    Everybody laughing at the possibility of colonizing the moon and beyond... there, I fixed it :) By the way, the leading theory to make this happen on our moon is called a space elevator, and it is literally like a vertical railroad, and very economical and is already proven science, with government tests already having been conducted... just wait for the railroad union bosses to control space travel too ;) they'll strike and leave people stranded on the moon some day :(

Screenshot_20220920-140518.png
    Screenshot_20220920-140606.png

Coomer

Expert
    Everybody laughing at the possibility of colonizing the moon and beyond... there, I fixed it :) By the way, the leading theory to make this happen on our moon is called a space elevator, and it is literally like a vertical railroad, and very economical and is already proven science, with government tests already having been conducted... just wait for the railroad union bosses to control space travel too ;) they'll strike and leave people stranded on the moon some day :(

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rail strike averted by our inglorious leader, when asking how he did it, he looked like a deer in the headlights, then mumbled something about he just got the workers and company together???
    My coworker's son works drilling for BP, just came home with the news that everyone that was expecting promotions have been put on hold, BP had already drydocked 1 ship with others to follow (his in Feb). The temp fix, again by our inglorious leader, was only a bandaid to try and get through the mid-terms. Expect it to be choked off, and don't be surprised if we see $10 gas, and now our strategic reserves have been pilfered. I have to get busy on my wood smoke gasifier, been distracted processing scrap and trying to design a waste oil burner (which would only be short term, as my waste oil is not infinite) But I live on 6 acres of virgin hardwoods, I have oaks that are 200+ years old, many 8-15' in diameter.
    I pray that something happens this November to subvert this nation destroying administration, not really sure I'd want to be here if it doesn't.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    I heard that the settlement is "tentative" - let's wait and see.

Biden won't let it happen. He will force the unions back to work. Biden has been claiming he's beating inflation. Can't have the supply chain breaking down even further with the mid-terms upcoming.

BTW, hear Lindsey Grahm's proposed law on abortion? Is he single handedly trying to get the Dems control of all branches of Gov't? He is going to get a large portion of fence sitting women to vote against all Repubs. Wait until after the mid-terms are through to enter the bill. All he's doing righ now is helping the Dems. Just list to Pelosi?
    Pelosi scares me when she talks. She seems to have enough support between california and the N.E. to get what she wants. And it's always pure crap.

John B.

Master
    Well I own a diesel dually and am tired of paying for fuel. Isn't diesel cheaper to produce than gas? They charge so much because everything that gets transported is typically using a diesel engine!!
    It was before fuel was subsidized with Ethanol... that's why your "ethanol free marine fuel" (what we knew as regular ole gasoline 20 years ago) is more expensive than diesel now.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

drhawk

Shooter
    While I somewhat agree. You can look at his proposal two ways. The pink hat wearing crybaby libs have been marching and screaming to rally their troops to get their way at the TOP OF THEIR LUNGS. I think what Graham is doing is trying to rally the STAUNCH, GUN TOTING, BIBLE AND GOD LOVING RIGHT of which I am ONE to stand firm and go back to their roots. And he just may be on to something. I think ALL CONSERVATIVES have seen that our lack of a FULL TURN OUT during the Trump / Biden election has cost us DEARLY and I think Graham and others are trying to get every SINGLE conservative to the polls, even the ULTRA CONSERVATIVES by trying to pass bills just like this one. Just my .02 worth
    i ageee. while i dont trucst Lindsey. this may be a silver lining. personally, i am waiting till jan 2025 when trump is sworn back in. then and only then will things change and become clear. what folks dont relize. this 4 years he can mt the swamp. no worry about elction. i see massive changes with in 6month of his oath in jan 2025. CAN NOT COME TO SOON

DEO VINDICE

Mike75

Shooter
    It's not really an odd statement when red States are dropping at an alarming rate.

In my personal opinion as a man, I have zero right to tell a woman what to do with her body... it is not really an odd statement. I don't want the government tell me what to do with guns just the same as I don't want the government to tell a woman what they can do with their body.

For what it's worth. I didn't vote for Biden or Trump.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    I agree with you there! The government hav e no right telling me what to do with my guns, that includes what kind abs how many, or how many rounds the magazine can hold (glad I live in Florida where there is no magazine capacity cap. But I gotta be able to find ammo to fill the magazin es with in the first place. I can't find 25 acp, 32acp or 357 magnum rounds except 1 place and they are getting up close to $ 1.50-$2 per round. Maybe that's their plan, disrupt the supply of a ammo to the point our guns are paper weights.) And they have no business telling a Woman what to do with her body. It belongs to her not the government.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    100% gasoline(non ethanol-marine) cost a fortune because it's not diluted. Ethanol fuel is also 20% less fuel economy, E85 even worse mileage. Diesel is a bi product. It used to be cheap but now law requires ultra low sulfur....more refining, more cost to the end consumer. Plus they want to rid them worse than gas. Good luck getting your ships from china without diesel, or just about all of the worlds seafood.
    Hydrogen is catching on but it's going to take some time. Cummins had talks of going all hydrogen, now they are dabbling with electric. It's all a mess. None of it is to benefit you or save the environment. It's high up folks wanting their cut.

ccc

Master
    I heard that the settlement is "tentative" - let's wait and see.

Biden won't let it happen. He will force the unions back to work. Biden has been claiming he's beating inflation. Can't have the supply chain breaking down even further with the mid-terms upcoming.

BTW, hear Lindsey Grahm's proposed law on abortion? Is he single handedly trying to get the Dems control of all branches of Gov't? He is going to get a large portion of fence sitting women to vote against all Repubs. Wait until after the mid-terms are through to enter the bill. All he's doing righ now is helping the Dems. Just list to Pelosi?
    Yep and the offer was just rejected, strike is back on.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Call up "Super Biden" to save the day!

Seriously, another broken supply chain link, with the associated shortages and price increases, will be bad news for the Dems before the mid-terms.

ccc

Master
    Call up "Super Biden" to save the day!

Seriously, another broken supply chain link, with the associated shortages and price increases, will be bad news for the Dems before the mid-terms.
    It will be bad news for us all, but honestly gas could get to $50 a gallon and bread $30 a loaf and Brandon supporters would still vote dummycrap

Top Bottom