Rail strike ! Fixing to get bad folks, PREPARE !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    30% of all freight in the US is moved by rail. And 60,000 rail workers are set to strike tonight at midnight ! An already strained economy is fixing to get ALLOT WORSE !!!! LETS GO BRANDON !!!!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    30% of all freight in the US is moved by rail. And 60,000 rail workers are set to strike tonight at midnight ! An already strained economy is fixing to get ALLOT WORSE !!!! LETS GO BRANDON !!!!
    Man, I'm worried sick about my daughter. She's got baby twins in diapers and on formula. These shortages have my nerves rattled already as it is.
    It may get bad fast. I don't see how we can take much more

fv22

Master
    I wouldn't doubt if the whole thing is set up by the dems. All they want to do these days is tear the country down so they can say our capitalist system doesn't work and get us to communism as fast as possible...

Bay Ranger

Master
    I heard that the settlement is "tentative" - let's wait and see.

Biden won't let it happen. He will force the unions back to work. Biden has been claiming he's beating inflation. Can't have the supply chain breaking down even further with the mid-terms upcoming.

BTW, hear Lindsey Grahm's proposed law on abortion? Is he single handedly trying to get the Dems control of all branches of Gov't? He is going to get a large portion of fence sitting women to vote against all Repubs. Wait until after the mid-terms are through to enter the bill. All he's doing righ now is helping the Dems. Just list to Pelosi?

5lima30ret

Master
    One of the items to disappear off the shelves will be cereal. The (2) largest cereal plants in the country get their bulk wheat in rail cars. They will be shut down completely in less than one week if they don't get their wheat.

ccc

Master
    Man, I'm worried sick about my daughter. She's got baby twins in diapers and on formula. These shortages have my nerves rattled already as it is.
    It may get bad fast. I don't see how we can take much more
    I heard that the settlement is "tentative" - let's wait and see.

Biden won't let it happen. He will force the unions back to work. Biden has been claiming he's beating inflation. Can't have the supply chain breaking down even further with the mid-terms upcoming.

BTW, hear Lindsey Grahm's proposed law on abortion? Is he single handedly trying to get the Dems control of all branches of Gov't? He is going to get a large portion of fence sitting women to vote against all Repubs. Wait until after the mid-terms are through to enter the bill. All he's doing righ now is helping the Dems. Just list to Pelosi?
    While I somewhat agree. You can look at his proposal two ways. The pink hat wearing crybaby libs have been marching and screaming to rally their troops to get their way at the TOP OF THEIR LUNGS. I think what Graham is doing is trying to rally the STAUNCH, GUN TOTING, BIBLE AND GOD LOVING RIGHT of which I am ONE to stand firm and go back to their roots. And he just may be on to something. I think ALL CONSERVATIVES have seen that our lack of a FULL TURN OUT during the Trump / Biden election has cost us DEARLY and I think Graham and others are trying to get every SINGLE conservative to the polls, even the ULTRA CONSERVATIVES by trying to pass bills just like this one. Just my .02 worth

Coomer

Expert
    “Buffett, one of the world’s wealthiest people, owns a huge railroad company, but the workers in a major Chicago rail yard his company relies on are barely scraping by on $9 an hour. They’ve come together to form a union, Buffett’s company says that if they’ll all lose their jobs if they try to fight for better pay.”

“The primary resistance comes from Union Pacific and BNSF because of the attendance policies they have adopted which have treated workers so poorly,” Pierce told CNBC. “ We’re just looking for time away from work to address our medical issues. Pacific and BNSF attendance policies are assessing (penalty) points to our members when they just want to take time off for their regular medical appointments.”

DonBow

King of Battle
    “Buffett, one of the world’s wealthiest people, owns a huge railroad company, but the workers in a major Chicago rail yard his company relies on are barely scraping by on $9 an hour. They’ve come together to form a union, Buffett’s company says that if they’ll all lose their jobs if they try to fight for better pay.”

“The primary resistance comes from Union Pacific and BNSF because of the attendance policies they have adopted which have treated workers so poorly,” Pierce told CNBC. “ We’re just looking for time away from work to address our medical issues. Pacific and BNSF attendance policies are assessing (penalty) points to our members when they just want to take time off for their regular medical appointments.”
    Wow these companies are really going to have to start putting more of their profits into their employees

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

sorry, but i don't believe $9/hour....

Raven

Master
    sorry, but i don't believe $9/hour....
    Federally subsidized jobs aren't required to even pay minimum wage. It's in the fine print. When I first got out of the service I was desperate for any job. I worked public transportation, driving a wheelchair van at $5/hr for 60 hours a week. No benefits, no overtime and I was thankful just to feed myself and pay the rent. There's plenty of people in Chicago in the same boat. The millionaires will chew up the common man, then spit him out and holler "next". Amtrak is federally subsidized. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys in Chicago are too

ccc

Master
    Federally subsidized jobs aren't required to even pay minimum wage. It's in the fine print. When I first got out of the service I was desperate for any job. I worked public transportation, driving a wheelchair van at $5/hr for 60 hours a week. No benefits, no overtime and I was thankful just to feed myself and pay the rent. There's plenty of people in Chicago in the same boat. The millionaires will chew up the common man, then spit him out and holler "next". Amtrak is federally subsidized. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys in Chicago are too
    The average Railroad Worker salary in Chicago, IL is $51,949 as of August 29, 2022, but the range typically falls between $47,039 and $56,884.

John B.

Master
    While I somewhat agree. You can look at his proposal two ways. The pink hat wearing crybaby libs have been marching and screaming to rally their troops to get their way at the TOP OF THEIR LUNGS. I think what Graham is doing is trying to rally the STAUNCH, GUN TOTING, BIBLE AND GOD LOVING RIGHT of which I am ONE to stand firm and go back to their roots. And he just may be on to something. I think ALL CONSERVATIVES have seen that our lack of a FULL TURN OUT during the Trump / Biden election has cost us DEARLY and I think Graham and others are trying to get every SINGLE conservative to the polls, even the ULTRA CONSERVATIVES by trying to pass bills just like this one. Just my .02 worth
    Those types of people you described are ultra minority these days.

It's time for old white men to fuck off and leave women alone.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom