• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is very easy. Now, the question is that being 60, do you want multifocals or just distance only?

Well in my current status I need reading glasses but can see great after 6 - 8 ft or so, just starting to need them to watch TV to get a clear image. I can't see where I would need reading sunglasses. I can see the planes until they get about 1500' away then they start blurring. Gray sky is the worst.

Rick

theeyeguy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your best best is going to be a maui jim reader or a costa c-mate. Both are polarized lenses available in gray or brown (brown has much higher contrast and will be best for this scenario) and have a reader in the bottom. I bet the brown will really help you see the planes at distance. You may have a light power that is hindering you at that far distance as, well. Someone that is a -0.25 or -0.50 is fully functional for normal everyday stuff but at extreme distance can sometimes be a little blurry.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please PM me a price on the Costa Permits Blackout Frame with either Amber or Gray 580p lenses

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A little off topic (OK, a lot) but I'm turning 60 this month and am starting to have a little trouble seeing model airplanes when they get far away.

Is it possible to get script polarized sunglasses w/amber lens?

Rick

I got mine at Stanton Optical in P'cola, corner of Davis & Creighton. Price was good, polarization excellent, prescription exactly right - mine are trifocal... love the lens color too; outstanding in bright sun, on the water, ect

Top Bottom