• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have the full size GI model. Can I swap on a shorter or commander size slide. Barrel??? If so where would I get one?? Or would be just better to buy a commander size? Or shorter? Other brands?
    Tkx. J

Last edited:

edruken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good to know. Tkx. May have to look at the XD maybe. What I'm needing is a smaller cheap knock around night time critter gun. Smaller than the gi 45. Not too worried about capiticy or looks.
    I mean you're only shaving like 3/4 of an inch with a commander size.
    Ruger commanders are good and can still be had for cheap, under 700 if you look and you get an american made gun that runs with modern features (beavertail, novak sights, etc), had one for a bit, but ended up trading it as i mostly use a colt commander, think there's one on floridaguntrader.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Could moon clips with 45 acp be used in a taurus judge?? Trying to use something I already have.
    Not without machining the cylinder for the extra space the moon clip takes up. https://tkcustom.com/ These folks do it on S&W revolvers. You'd have to ask if they can do it for the Judge. The Judge is a 5 shot cylinder. I don't know if that would be a significant difference. It's a mystery why Taurus didn't provide for moon clips in the Judge in the beginning. :confused:

Top Bottom