• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • late bloomer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I posted this in another part of the forum, but this section might be more appropriate. Has anyone taken the project appleseed course? Any reviews?

DMurphy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have attended 3 Apple seeds all of them at escambia river gun club. I will give them a great review. The first day they go over so much info I doubt you will get it all. The sunday of the course is manly about shooting the AQT. The first one I went to I guess I missed some things and walked away shooting worse than when I arrived.Then the second one I understood it was my eyes that could not go all day with peeps. Get you a good M1 sling. If you have great eyes a set of Tech Sights, If not a scope. Find some ammo your gun will run all day and have fun. They are a great group of instructors. I would recomend any one with a rifle going to one. They do not use rests so that is what the sling is for. Any questions pm me.

bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People who enjoy the Appleseed Events should try NRA Highpower Rifle and CMP Rifle matches.

Many people shoot NM AR15s because service rifles are what is needed to earn the Distinguished Rifleman badge.

If you earned the Rifleman Patch at the Appleseed, learned how to use the sling and iron sights, it's time to go for the DR badge. Especially the Junior shooters whose young eyes can focus on that front post so well.

It's not run and gun, just pure marksmanship with slowfire standing, sitting rapid, prone rapid and slowfire prone. Same as the AQT, but with round targets. The Pensacola match is 200 yards with reduced targets to simulate 300 rapid and 600 slowfire. It's a good match to work on postions and not deal with wind before trying full distance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom