• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have been to two of them some years ago. A shooter with ANY level of marksmanship will learn a bunch, given the right instructors. Enter the course with an open mind that is willing to learn. This course has been updated over the years...I hear...for the best.

Learn what they have to teach. Then,for your application,use what you need, then file the rest in the back of your memory for future apps.

You will definitely come away a much better shooter. --- SAWMAN

cpn.jp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been to two of them some years ago. A shooter with ANY level of marksmanship will learn a bunch, given the right instructors. Enter the course with an open mind that is willing to learn. This course has been updated over the years...I hear...for the best.

Learn what they have to teach. Then,for your application,use what you need, then file the rest in the back of your memory for future apps.

You will definitely come away a much better shooter. --- SAWMAN

What he said! The history lessons are very interesting also. We will do another one when we can, a weekend well spent!

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been to two of their shoots and they quite and challenging. Its a great way to learn rifle marksmanship over a weekend. Make sure you bring the right equipment and dry fire.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a link somewhere that I can learn about this course. I had not heard about this untill I joined here. We don't have many ranges where I come from. Shooting was usualy done in the back yard or on someones farm.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Website
    http://www.escambiarivergunclub.org/Groups/Appleseed/index.php

Not sure when the next project appleseed event is but you can contact Tim at:
    tim@rrbrokerageinc.com

What it says:
    SHOOTING DISCIPLINES -- Project Appleseed

ERML hosts Project Appleseed marksmanship clinics four times per year -- February, April, October, December -- on the first full weekend of these months.

Upcoming Events: December 1 & 2, 2012 and February 2 & 3, 2013
    Shoots start at 07:30. Please arrive early to allow time for set up and sign in.

The Appleseed Program is designed to take you from simply being a rifle owner to being a true Rifleman. All throughout American history, the Rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting targets from 500 yards away! This 500-yard range is traditionally known as "the rifleman's quarter-mile". A rifleman can hit just about any target he can see.

Learn the Six steps to firing the shot. Learn correct firing positions and proper use of the sling. Hear some little-known Revolutionary War history and reaffirm your heritage. Become a more influential citizen and make America a better place.

What you should bring:
    A desire to learn and improve.
    A rifle (and a spare, if you have it).
    Ammunition: At least 250 rounds per day.
    Scope OK. GI web sling strongly recommended.
    Eye and ear protection. Mat or ground cloth.
    Hat and sunscreen. Rain gear, layered clothes.
    Water, lunch, snacks. Some friends!!

What you can expect:
    New Shooters - learn fundamentals and make quick progress.
    Experienced Shooters - learn techniques to tighten your groups.
    Experts - polish skills, become an RWVA Instructor in Training.
    Everyone - expect to have a great time!

Appleseed Attendees have said: "[spent] time doing something fun with my son. I am so proud of him!"
    "had a terrific time with my wife and we are looking forward to our next Appleseed."
    "..received more quality instruction in two days than I've had in four years on active duty!"

For more information about Project Appleseed, click here for the current Appleseed brochure.

Further questions, contact ERML's Appleseed point of contact, Tim Frey at 850-478-5270 or via email at tim@rrbrokerageinc.com.

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks interesting and says Active duty military free.. may have to check out the October class.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My best friend took the class and shot well. He was able to get some of the targets and I was priviledged to shoot a "round" at the target at the distance and positions. Obviously, my old ROTC instructors and my dad's instructions paid off. I shot 231. I hope to improve on that when I can take the actual class.

Top Bottom