• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am looking for some acreage in Central Alabama and plan to put a cabin or two on it for family to enjoy and go to during bad weather. My fatherinlaw shares a sizeable piece of property with his brother much like what I want and I have gotten many of my ideas from what he has done with his place. One of the things he doesn't have is a Range on his place. I know of some that do have different types of gun ranges on their private property and if you do please post some pictures of yours and give some details of things you are glad you did as well as things you wish you would have done.

Many Thanks.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    a word of caution on the word " range " .
    what got that man in trouble in gulf breeze is the fact he said he had a "range"
    he was legal to discharge firearms on his property but once he said he had a range he was subject to the requirements of a range and brought scrutiny upon himself.

as for me , I shoot guns safely and legally on my private property.

Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think others have had the same trouble if you could find property with a natrual backstop that would be ideal. Hills or clay pit good luck sound like a good idea.

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has become amazing to me how one has to "Lawyer Up" these Days.

I plan on having a "designated place to shoot" on my property. It's not going to be a "Range" but will be a "designated place to shoot". I hope that it is well done and the input from others that have a "designated place to shoot" on their property could and should be helpful in giving me ideas about my "designated place to shoot".

If you have a "Designated place ot shoot" on your property please share your ideas.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Curtis

My wife and i are looking as well.. i want enough land to not worry about the neighbors , and to have a safe place to shoot.. home on the range if you will ..

rich

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to find a safe place to shoot where I dont have to worry about the range Nazi's at Hurlburt.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a 100yrd range and a fish pond on my family's 40acres 2minutes from my house. I more than often find myself shooting in Jay with friends and family either at paper, or deer at night in the peanut fields... Ill try and get some pics up next time I go.... Here is a decent 8pt that we caught eating peanuts about a month ago image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      7.5 KB · Views: 176

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Greetings, Curtis!!
    As I've told you, we live on 3 acres that butt up to woods. It allows me about 80 yards in the back "pasture" if you can call 1.2 acres, a "pasture". When I want to shoot, I'll put the two useless hay consumers in the front yard and I'm free to fire all the .22 ammo that I want. There are some around here that fire off .40 and or .357, and every time the cops make a round. I stay with rimfire and all is well. If I want to burn R-19 or 4831 powder behind bullets, I'll go to Styx or my dad's place. Good thread.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom