• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • allyoop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my storehouse will be passed on to a patriot(s), since i have no kids, and wife's son is worthless, my nephew would probably sell it all, like he did his father's guns, so i continue to stockpile,
    not because i will use it all, but i predict tptb will target ammo , to make it so damn expensive, no one can buy it, and they will restrict internet sales, you watch what i say...
    Good day, fellow patriot! JS

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    A friend just called me up to say he got robbed. Reloading components is what was taken. He does not want me to say what it was. None of the tools in that unlocked garage were taken.
    No kidding.... you guys posting pictures of ammo store rooms and open safes watch out. What part of the country was he in?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm far from being rich but I am financially comfortably. There's no motivation for me to sell ammo even it the highest "market value" prices were doubled and gladly paid.

Look at the ammo ads then look at the Members Join date. Like the Fed, their here to help. I don't doubt resellers have cleared few bucks, hundreds possibly, maybe a thousand to date? Might help with covid/work wages lost or equal a "free gun" or two from their labor. Big whoopie on their success and regrets to those that couldn't buy it themselves off the shelf or Net without paying a third party fee. The private "old stock" would never have surfaced before unless someone bailed out of a caliber or it shot like crap in their guns. But that's not the motivation now is it. Granted, some (few as far as I can guess) are genuinely helping others out. Capitalism is the motive, to put it respectfully.

Anybody else notice some of those ads get Zero responses from buyers? More bumps than questions? Prices being lowered. "OBO" being added. As their merchandise sits or sells much, much slower and gets price reductions: they're wondering if it will sell, they may be worried about what they expect in from BackOrders and if that ammo will move and ultimately "they" will slow or stop buying from stores and the Net. When you read they want a "reasonable Offer" : demand at their prices has disappeared. This will happern everywhere eventually. Regular folks will see ammo availability and choices on the Net and retail, they will be gluttonous for a while at the better prices, then they too will buy less. Inventories will increase and prices will drop.

.22LR never came back to its prior norm which essentially left the price doubled. Some of this was blammed on increases in raw material prices. I don't expect the rebound fro this shortage to go back to Dec 2018 prices either. Across all calibers, the production to sale chain has seen what the market will bear. IMHO, VMMV

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'm far from being rich but I am financially comfortably. There's no motivation for me to sell ammo even it the highest "market value" prices were doubled and gladly paid.

Look at the ammo ads then look at the Members Join date. Like the Fed, their here to help. I don't doubt resellers have cleared few bucks, hundreds possibly, maybe a thousand to date? Might help with covid/work wages lost or equal a "free gun" or two from their labor. Big whoopie on their success and regrets to those that couldn't buy it themselves off the shelf or Net without paying a third party fee. The private "old stock" would never have surfaced before unless someone bailed out of a caliber or it shot like crap in their guns. But that's not the motivation now is it. Granted, some (few as far as I can guess) are genuinely helping others out. Capitalism is the motive, to put it respectfully.

Anybody else notice some of those ads get Zero responses from buyers? More bumps than questions? Prices being lowered. "OBO" being added. As their merchandise sits or sells much, much slower and gets price reductions: they're wondering if it will sell, they may be worried about what they expect in from BackOrders and if that ammo will move and ultimately "they" will slow or stop buying from stores and the Net. When you read they want a "reasonable Offer" : demand at their prices has disappeared. This will happern everywhere eventually. Regular folks will see ammo availability and choices on the Net and retail, they will be gluttonous for a while at the better prices, then they too will buy less. Inventories will increase and prices will drop.

.22LR never came back to its prior norm which essentially left the price doubled. Some of this was blammed on increases in raw material prices. I don't expect the rebound fro this shortage to go back to Dec 2018 prices either. Across all calibers, the production to sale chain has seen what the market will bear. IMHO, VMMV
    A lot of truth to this. Only remedy I see is if the whole market shifts to imported steel cased and then the american ammo manufacturers get left standing when the music stops

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No kidding.... you guys posting pictures of ammo store rooms and open safes watch out. What part of the country was he in?
    Pace, FL They only took reloading components and so that was the target. He did not keep what he had a secret and he did employ contractors. The laborers that come with the contractors often have records.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pace, FL They only took reloading components and so that was the target. He did not keep what he had a secret and he did employ contractors. The laborers that come with the contractors often have records.

That sucks, but it is certainly the reality we currently live in. I make it a practice not to brag, or even casually talk to people I don't know/trust about what I own and where it is. I've cautioned my kids about that since they were old enough to understand. 10x when it comes to online activity. You just never know who is gonna talk to who, or who might see something so call someone.....

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

His was most surely an inside job. A friend, electrician, (you know him) told me that when he was working for companies he was often the only one on the job without a record.

Reactions: FLT

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Anyone else observing all the activity now from places outside our region? I'm seeing Hernando County, Jacksonville, etc. What the heck is going on that our GCGF is being bombarded with "out of the area ads/posts?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone else observing all the activity now from places outside our region? I'm seeing Hernando County, Jacksonville, etc. What the heck is going on that our GCGF is being bombarded with "out of the area ads/posts?

they can’t find anything to buy in their area , so they are expanding their search. That’s just my opinion.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some comments on the ammo crunch from Nosler. One point, the situation with Remington, I hadn't considered before.
    ...the bankruptcy, sale, and breakup of one of the world's largest ammunition manufacturers: Remington. As one of two full-line ammunition manufacturer's in the United States, and one of ten in the world, even if the factory continued to operate during the change of hands, the process of switching management would take its toll.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good read in #32

Any flowers are better than no flowers: Check in the Box[X]. In more normal times we buy GOOD Stuff and stuff good enough for the range. If we're on our game we Zero with the Good Stuff but know the different POI for the range stuff. You might adjust sights/optic between known values, use Kentucky windage or just shoot POA as is; knowing the grouping will Shift? Two loads are pretty simple to deal with or adjust for. We just burn thought the "odd boxes" without much thought.

How do you deliver those flowers to the right address?
    People that are snagging what ever they can get, at prices they can afford; may well end up with a wide assortment of Import/domestic, mfr, projectile type, B.C, weight, steel/brass and velicoty variables. They have to hope everything cycles and works well enough with their barrel Twist Rates. Folks that have been around a while are probably more selective but then they shouldn't have been caught "short" either. Lol. This could be an exception to the rule of thumb: shoot your oldest ammo first. I think shooting the mixed bag stuff first and and maintain as much consistency as you can with your SHTF Supply would be better. If all they have is a mixed bag to draw from I think they should consume Steel cased ammo on the range and clean the Chamber well before shooting brass to avoid residue "glue" brass case binding. If their packing mags with Steel and mags with Brass: shoot the Brass FIRST!

The remaining Q is how to determine the best possible POI centering from the different boxes and be conservative with what we have? Then do you set a 100 yard Zero or a Maximum Point Blank Range Zero? If you want to play with it; lets say a 1:7 Twist 16 inch barrel and the following ammo in 20 round boxes:
    One each: .223 in 40grain Poly tip Winchester, 52grain HPBT Hornady, 55grain FMJBT American Eagle and 70grain RDF HPBT Match Remington
    Two each: 5.56 in 55grain FMJ Steel Wolf , 62 grain XM855 PMC and 77grain Razor Core Match King IMI.

I don't see all the same issues with handguns due to people normally staying within rather short distances. Pistols however, must cycle reliably.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    #32 Is a good read. I'm looking at some 231 powder that I paid $16.99 for at the Mobile Fairgrounds gunshow in April 2007. I probably thought the gunshow price was outrageous but I paid it anyway. About every three or four years now the handwriting has been on the wall. In fact, the handwriting pretty much stays on the wall. Why people don't stock up when they can is beyond me. It's also beyond me why they want Me to sell Them My stuff at what I paid because they were unwilling (at best) to go out and get it themselves when they could. My '69 air-conditioned Corvette convertible was $5900.00. Anyone willing to sell me one for that now?

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    #32 Is a good read. I'm looking at some 231 powder that I paid $16.99 for at the Mobile Fairgrounds gunshow in April 2007. I probably thought the gunshow price was outrageous but I paid it anyway. About every three or four years now the handwriting has been on the wall. In fact, the handwriting pretty much stays on the wall. Why people don't stock up when they can is beyond me. It's also beyond me why they want Me to sell Them My stuff at what I paid because they were unwilling (at best) to go out and get it themselves when they could. My '69 air-conditioned Corvette convertible was $5900.00. Anyone willing to sell me one for that now?
    6D303ED2-8962-4E24-A976-DF43B2461531.jpeg

careful what you wish for.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    LOL....um.....I. meant new, like mine was. :) Cool project though. Talk about rode hard and put away wet.

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    my storehouse will be passed on to a patriot(s), since i have no kids, and wife's son is worthless, my nephew would probably sell it all, like he did his father's guns, so i continue to stockpile,
    not because i will use it all, but i predict tptb will target ammo , to make it so damn expensive, no one can buy it, and they will restrict internet sales, you watch what i say...
    hey i’m available for adoption!!!!!!!

Top Bottom