• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the chatter I'm hearing amongst a few different groups, I'd prep for a similar hurricane situation minus what you need for power outage and utilities. The infrastructure should sustain but your travel and buying opportunities will be limited. Cash on hand is good but as our economy becomes more and more digital that need is slowly(very slowly) fading away. If that makes sense...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Yup this switch to credit card Debt only is not going to work well,, Just hit the bank with drew a couple dollars for the pocket,, Stopped in our favorite convienince store Wally World , an after 3 or 4 minute in line to check out,, The computers went down,,NO Debt ... Lady tried to restore the check out,, no luck,, Would have been some kinda pissed f I had not just put $ in my wallet,,,,SO those living on tne security of insured cards,,may find security in cards are not so pleasant.. O K --- O K just a small rant...... Good Topic to research on,,

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yup this switch to credit card Debt only is not going to work well,, Just hit the bank with drew a couple dollars for the pocket,, Stopped in our favorite convienince store Wally World , an after 3 or 4 minute in line to check out,, The computers went down,,NO Debt ... Lady tried to restore the check out,, no luck,, Would have been some kinda pissed f I had not just put $ in my wallet,,,,SO those living on tne security of insured cards,,may find security in cards are not so pleasant.. O K --- O K just a small rant...... Good Topic to research on,,
    I hope the big box stores realize the hit they're going to take when their cashless society fosters the growth of bartering black markets, flea markets, farmers markets and other cashless barter opportunities all trading without cash

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    herbal medicinal books, edible plant books, medical books/first aid books, gun repair manuals , and a large supply of tools, files, sharpening stones..
    Don't forget to include a few VERY close friends and neighbors that you'd trust with your life. It takes a village to survive when the SHTF. I have my small group of VERY knowledgeable friends and neighbors. We all bring something diverse to the table and make for a very productive group. We've all prepped in our own ways and have plans in place in case something happens. Be it electrical, mechanical, chemistry, medical, agricultural, hunting, gathering, etc... we have all our bases covered.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bruce and I will be selling pork when sheite hits the fan.
    CAUTION - - -> we will be making alot of money at this.
    No whiners or exploding heads allowed.
    We will accept ammo or toilet paper in trade. --- SAWMAN

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Bruce and I will be selling pork when sheite hits the fan.
    CAUTION - - -> we will be making alot of money at this.
    No whiners or exploding heads allowed.
    We will accept ammo or toilet paper in trade. --- SAWMAN
    I'm sure we can work out an "ethanol" trade if you'd like...I haven't had any complaints from my hypothetically speaking batches as of yet ;)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't forget to include a few VERY close friends and neighbors that you'd trust with your life. It takes a village to survive when the SHTF. I have my small group of VERY knowledgeable friends and neighbors. We all bring something diverse to the table and make for a very productive group. We've all prepped in our own ways and have plans in place in case something happens. Be it electrical, mechanical, chemistry, medical, agricultural, hunting, gathering, etc... we have all our bases covered.
    I agree with this and it is the weakest link in my ability to survive such an event. Killing neighbors and trespassers is not a pleasant thought.

The Twilight Zone - The Shelter

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Canned mullet with a little jalapeño is delish.
    Cheap fish, easy to throw a cast net, abundant resource locally.
    If there is no food, everyone and his neighbor will out there with a cast net. Fishing streams with a generator and net may be more productive. Also small explosives are good for such things. This will also net you water snakes that one can eat.
    I do not have any, but a supply of explosives, blasting caps that use fuse, and fuse would be handy to have.

Top Bottom